Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oops i've done it again

Options
  • 06-05-2008 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Decided to put a nice mahogany colour into my hair yesterday. Left it in a 'bit' longer than recomended:o. Well instead of mahogany my hair is a strange mix of :eek: plum , :o red scalp and another colour that I find hard to describe. :confused:Just wondering how could mahogany become a vast array of strange colours?:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Happens to the best of us! You're gonna have to stick it out til you can put another one in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭hairymolly

Only thing is I've got interview tomorow.

I think washing up liquid might remove some of the damage.
    Look into it in Fashion and appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

mahogany is a shade of red, isnt it?

sounds to me like something i'd do on purpose, but if you dont like, i wouldnt recommend dying over it any time too soon, i did that once, and spent about a week with clumps of hair falling out in the shower :/

best of luck with the interview btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

we've all been there with hair disasters!! :o- all I can think of is to give it a good scrub with a clarifying shampoo or dye over it with a much darker colour. Good luck!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Seek professional advice, ie pop into your local hairdressers and see what they think!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I wouldnt recommend putting anymore dye in it...

I think just keep washing it, and hopefully the dye will come off your scalp.

Buy some pins and put your hair up for tomorrow....

Best of luck, Mrs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Yeh id say best thing is wash it a few times and stick it up for the interview tomorrow then treat yourself and head down to hairdressers..It does make a difference when you wash it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭RoseBlossom

I'm going to go against the grain here - this happened me but I was dying my hair brown after having it blonde for ages. I think "decomposing fox" was the description my friends settled on!

Anyway, I got a temporary (i.e. "8 washes") shade of plum and used that to at least get all of my hair the same colour, for a while at least. Then I was able to venture into public and got about six inches chopped off! "Rock chick" was the new look.

My hair was in a terrible state already (I was a bleach-crazy teenybopper) so that wasn't a consideration when I dyed it again. I would offer the above as a suggestion if you:
    a) haven't destroyed your hair with the recent dying;
    b) really need to look fully presentable for your interview tomorrow and it's not the type to tie up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

i read somewhere before that head and shoulders was good for stripping the colour from hair..never did it meself mind..just read it on some other forum..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Because it's a reddish shade, most shampoos will fade it, especially clarifying ones. Go crazy with the shampooing.

I wouldn't advise straightening or too much heat just incase it makes your hair really brittle and dry.

:)Thanks for all the replies, washed it a couple of times. TG the interview room was'nt too bright. I screwed on two of the questions, will know friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Best of luck with the interviewing - I only recently started a new job, interviewing sucks.

Did'nt get the job. :( im sure it had nothing to do with my hair colour. What annoys me though is when they tell you that they will get in touch with all applicants in this case a small number:rolleyes:small town... why not be upfront and just say the successful applicant will be the only person notified. jez I'm too long in the tooth to even bother about this.
    I just feel for the young people going for interviews and waiting with baited breath for recognition of their efforts, presentation and preparation for the interview/job when the potential employers dont have the respect to acknowledge their application.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ha, marks and spencers got back to me 15months after i applied to let me know i wasnt what they were looking for :D

ha, marks and spencers got back to me 15months after i applied to let me know i wasnt what they were looking for :D

:D:D Thanks for that Crumble Froo, Tg i live in the country, i've got ditches of briars to cut:p clear, will keep me busy for some time.

Advertisement