Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Access?

Options
  • 06-05-2008 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭

Hi, I applied last thursday to be accepted onto the Boards soccer forum. I still haven't heard anything back! it's been nearly a week now, how long does it take?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

We just had a long, sunny bank holiday weekend. Perhaps the Mods perfered to spend some time in the sun instead of at their PC's.
    Give them a few more days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

That's all well and good but most of the mods for that forum have been on the soccer forum over the weekend a fair bit, two of them are there right now. I'm not really asking for much, just to be able to post and discuss! :)

Then maybe you should be directing your comments towards them.
    They cannot post in this forum.

This is getting silly, I sent a PM to PHB (who seems to do all of the soccer access requests) yesterday following your advice. He hasn't got back to me or reviewed my request despite him posting a lot on the forums over the last couple of days so obviously time isn't an issue! I get the impression he's doing it for kicks or something now...

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

This is getting silly, I sent a PM to PHB (who seems to do all of the soccer access requests) yesterday following your advice. He hasn't got back to me or reviewed my request despite him posting a lot on the forums over the last couple of days so obviously time isn't an issue! I get the impression he's doing it for kicks or something now...
    He probably is and I wouldn't blame him. It's not your place to start haranguing moderators to get what you want.

The whole idea behind the soccer access requests is to filter out people who are going to cause trouble. If you start causing trouble for the moderators before you even get posting privileges in the forum, they won't view your application in a very good light, will they?

• Advertisement

He probably is and I wouldn't blame him. It's not your place to start haranguing moderators to get what you want.

The whole idea behind the soccer access requests is to filter out people who are going to cause trouble. If you start causing trouble for the moderators before you even get posting privileges in the forum, they won't view your application in a very good light, will they?

This is the help desk isn't it? i'm not trying to cause trouble, I just want access to something I applied for last week. I wouldn't call it haranguing as you so eloquently put it, I was merely following advice from Beruthiel so there's no need for the attitude!

This is getting silly, I sent a PM to PHB (who seems to do all of the soccer access requests) yesterday following your advice. He hasn't got back to me or reviewed my request

I've just found out that PHB is very busy with some real life stuff at the moment and will not be online much over the next while.

You will have to wait until one of the other Mods get around to looking in the soccer access forum.
    I notice that you are not the only one waiting for access.
    You will just have to be patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They often wait until there are a load of requests pending, and then go through them all and grant access.

I'm sure the soccer moderators get a tonne of PMs asking for soccer access, and they probably just ignore them all.

Just wait, it'll be granted soon enough.

Ok, will do.

Advertisement