Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donna as an Assistant

• 06-05-2008 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Ok, just wanted to say, I dont really like that Martha is back because I think it spoils things. I mean, if Captain Jack (and/or Rose) returns then it just undermines the point of the Doctor having an assistant. 5 episodes in now and already we've only seen two real in which she was prop the Drs assistant. All the promotion of this series was done with Tate/Tennant and I figured that she would be a "sole" assistant. Does anyone else think this should be the case, or is happy with the returning guest stars, and now having two assistants?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

1408 wrote: »
    Ok, just wanted to say, I dont really like that Martha is back because I think it spoils things. I mean, if Captain Jack (and/or Rose) returns then it just undermines the point of the Doctor having an assistant. 5 episodes in now and already we've only seen two real in which she was prop the Drs assistant. All the promotion of this series was done with Tate/Tennant and I figured that she would be a "sole" assistant. Does anyone else think this should be the case, or is happy with the returning guest stars, and now having two assistants?

You've never seen Peter Davison's episodes, have you?

:)

I like a crowded tardis, especially looking forward to Donna in one, the whole thing with her not idolising the Doctor plays well against the more established companions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The Doctor has had multiple assistants many times in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

Stark wrote: »
    The Doctor has had multiple assistants many times in the past.

Fair enough, I just felt that it slightly took away, so early in the series...from developing this character fully

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

doc used to travel with four people before didn't he?

can';t remember the names atm now, but there was a skinny british dude, a young alien kid from a weird universe, and two hot chicks.

i think one of them was the chick richard dawkins married... bastard

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

doc used to travel with four people before didn't he?

can';t remember the names atm now, but there was a skinny british dude, a young alien kid from a weird universe, and two hot chicks.

i think one of them was the chick richard dawkins married... bastard

mmm Peri. :)

ah childhood!

• Advertisement
Advertisement