Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Whats the heaviest band in the world

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

The narrow minded-ness of my post... has actually been botherin me...

For The Record...I retract my earlier mastodon comment...

I forgot Meshuggah....and Im sure Il be reminded of more bands in the coming days so...

Its impossible to decide.... Black Sabbath...Kyuss....Mastodon...Sikth...Neurosis....Isis.....Tool....Too many really....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

like anyone can drop to a,

Heaviness has more to do with songwriting than it does tuning.

For example, here's the Dream Theater song Panic Attack, which is in B flat tuning:

Now here's the Gojira song Heaviest Matter in the Universe, which is in D:

So, tuning lower doesn't mean heavier. Heavy is all about the songwriting. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Hell, even Pink Floyd's The Wall is pretty damn heavy songwriting-wise, but musically, its pretty inoffensive to the ears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Parsley wrote: »
    Meshuggah tune to F, bash the fúck out of the drums, scream like a particularly distressed cow, AND stick to good song writing AND being heavy as piss (if not heavier). :pac:

Actually half of the songs since nothing are tuned to Eb (that is, down 13 semitones)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

I would say Kyuss...Blues For The Red Sun. Here is the link...let me know what you think...........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbvpxWCFSRg

Awesome Bass

• Advertisement
Advertisement