Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another Eircom whinge

Options
  • 06-05-2008 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all...Recently moved to Pallaskenry and ordered phone line+broadband from Eircom. Ordered this on 8th April and given 6th May as the timeline.
    As it's a new house in a new offshoot off an 5 year old estate the phone line had to be connnected from Mains box to the house.
    Engineer from Eircom came out , examined what needed to be done and said about 2 weeks. Verified this with Eircom who said to ring back in case it wasn't completed by this date.
    Rang Eircom today and they basically told us we'll be waiting until 30th June as they want to wait until they can connect up the rest of the houses in this new part of the estate. (3 houses per mains boxes)
    The thing is the out of the 9 houses ours is the only one inhabited so far and this means we could be waiting upto a year in this case.
    We were also told we could do nothing about it and tough luck so as to speak.

So what I'm looking for is suggestions.
    Can I appeal against this? Since I've paid Eircom the installation fee since 8th April is there a time limit for when they have to install the phone line?
    There's no wait I can wait another few months for this crap. We got Sky+ plus multiroom and we cannot activate the multiroom until Eircom get the finger out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

I am only house inhabited on a road of new houses, but Eircom came in (with builders permission I presume for the unoccupied houses) and just hooked all the houses up.

So they might not necessarily wait until the houses are sold before they hook them up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Sounds like you're being fobbed off. Ask about eircom's official complaints procedure and follow up with Comreg if you get nowhere in a week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

nice one ...thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Hey all...Recently moved to Pallaskenry and ordered phone line+broadband from Eircom. Ordered this on 8th April and given 6th May as the timeline.
    As it's a new house in a new offshoot off an 5 year old estate the phone line had to be connnected from Mains box to the house.
    Engineer from Eircom came out , examined what needed to be done and said about 2 weeks. Verified this with Eircom who said to ring back in case it wasn't completed by this date.
    Rang Eircom today and they basically told us we'll be waiting until 30th June as they want to wait until they can connect up the rest of the houses in this new part of the estate. (3 houses per mains boxes)
    The thing is the out of the 9 houses ours is the only one inhabited so far and this means we could be waiting upto a year in this case.
    We were also told we could do nothing about it and tough luck so as to speak.

So what I'm looking for is suggestions.
    Can I appeal against this? Since I've paid Eircom the installation fee since 8th April is there a time limit for when they have to install the phone line?
    There's no wait I can wait another few months for this crap. We got Sky+ plus multiroom and we cannot activate the multiroom until Eircom get the finger out.
    Ive had this, have you had your original contract date rechanged? if so theyre in violation of ComReg's minimum contractual agreement of not adhering to original connection date( check comregs site ). I mailed a complaint to Eircon stating exactly that and funnily enough within 4 weeks i was connected( thats including the christmas period but after waiting 5 months and them giving me a connection date of a year after that, i.e. March 2009 or something stupid ). I got my email moved from manager to manager within days until it was sorted so might be worth checking out that route

thanks lmi..complained to Comreg and rang back Eircom...
    They've now came back with the 30th May as opposed to 12th July..
    Still bastards though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

thanks lmi..complained to Comreg and rang back Eircom...
    They've now came back with the 30th May as opposed to 12th July..
    Still bastards though :)
    nice one, good to hear youll be connected soon. Well at least you can enjoy the good weather during the wait :)

great news..eircom connected us up 13th May..only a week out as opposed to the 2 months delay they wanted us to wait...broadband finally by the end of the week :)
    so for everyone ordering off Eircom making a complaint to comreg does get Eircom off their asses.

Advertisement