Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IIS Component

• 06-05-2008 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I need the IIS component but I only have windows xp home edition. Is there any way I can receive this component without having to buy the professional edition

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

deanomcd wrote: »
    I need the IIS component but I only have windows xp home edition. Is there any way I can receive this component without having to buy the professional edition

Ha! You need Windows Server for IIS :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 deanomcd

how do i get that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

rrpc wrote: »
    Ha! You need Windows Server for IIS :eek:

No you dont, you can use Windows XP Pro which ships with IIS 5.1 or Vista which has IIS 7.0 for example

As for the OP's query, its technically possible but not supported by MS and as such you will need to search for yourself.. but to give you a hand, here is a google search I made earlier

Mods .. dont know the whole thing on this .. so if in doubt snip the link (and please dont ban me!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What do you need IIS for? We may be able to recommend alternatives.

i want it to set up a point of sale demo in the office to see whether we want it or not

• Advertisement

It's a website I'm assuming. Do you know what language it's written in, or have a link to the website of the software? You may not need IIS at all.

its to download a file from a company in america called jpma. they have a demo of their software and they want to pass it on to me. the error message that appears when trying to install the software says that the IIS, FTP or WWW is not yet installed

Yeah, it's probably looking for ASP components, there won't be any way around that.

Your big problem is that the software will probably have other dependencies which your version of XP home won't satisfy.

My advice is to download a free 30-day trial image of Windows Server 2003 with IIS presumably installed. This will allow you to install the demo software of the POS system in a server environment.

You could install this on a spare machine or use MS Virtual PC to run it on your current machine.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/windowsserver/bb430831.aspx

thanks a mill.... hopefully itl work now

Advertisement