Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Grinds in CIMA P1 and P2.

• 06-05-2008 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭

Im looking for grinds in the above subjects for CIMA exams coming up in May.

Im specifically looking for tuition on Process costing in P1, and Linear programming in P2.

I was thinking of maybe working through 3 exam questions in each, maybe an hour each?

I live in Ranelagh, but will travel after work.

I dont know what the going rate is, but if its sounds reasonable, I will certainly pay.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭NicheG

Just saw your post today. I've completed managerial level and struggled with both those papers. By the time I had eventully completed them I was still none the wiser about process costing for P1.
    My strategy was to learn (by wrote) the format from about 3 or 4 past exam papers and try to fit a particular question into that style.

For Linear Programming P2; I thought the graphical method was quite easy. Just remember to know your 5 step process:

Step 1: Define your variables (i.e Let x = Number of Garden chairs etc etc.
    Step 2: Define the Objective function: Z = 8x + 5y (i.e to maximise profit or contribution)
    Step 3: Define your constraints:
    It takes 2 hours to make one garden chair and takes 3 hours to make a patio table and there are only 8 hours available in the week
    = 2x + 3y</= 8

Step 4: Plot your points on the graph using the constraints.

Step 5: Find the contribution/profit maximising point on the graph then sub in the x and y points back into your objective function.

Unfortunately with the Simplex/Tableau method, I would guess that you are only likely to get this in a section A question. This is difficult to put into a Section B part, but again try to look at the last 3-4 times it came up. I would bet that they will no as it any differently.

I hope this info is not too late for you. I hope I was of some help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Neither came up (process costing was only 4 marks) but your explanation of LP demystified quite a bot of it for me when studying, so thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭NicheG

I hope you did well.
    Roll on your strategic exams.

Advertisement