Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farraday

• 06-05-2008 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

How can people stand this guy, the stupid awkward movements he does with his body, his whispery voice, his inability to say a few words without dragging it out into

"A erm Long kind of mmmmm ahhhhhhhh mmmm What I mean mmmmm ahhhhhhhhh is aaaaaaaaaaaa mmmmmmmm well mmmmmmmmm"

Every scene he is in it happens. Nearly put my foot through the tv over this guy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I think he is great. By far the best new character to be introduced this season imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

terrible physicist though.

his notebook didn't contain any vector equations... hmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I suppose he is the most decent of that group that came to rescue the losties , least likely to turn out to be a total ****, I think Jeremy Davies has a history of incorporating various tics into his characters too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He's the best new character since Desmond and Eko.

he's a cock.

why can't he just say stuff instead of hinting.

"well... er, um... your er ... perception of time ...um... here on the ... erm island... er... may um... not... er ... quite be... um... what one is erm... supposed to erm... logically perceieve as um... the natural erm... progression of um... time."

so something related to the effects of time on the island is funky... spit it out fecktard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Have any of yous seen Rescue Dawn with Christian Bale, the guy who plays Faraday is in it and he is playing the exact same character he plays in lost. I think all his word whiskers aren't acted but that he actually has them. Its like the writers said "right we need someone whos a social reject, weedy looking and irritating and who could pass as a loser who jacks off whilst dissecting mice"... when the guy who plays Faraday walked in they must of thanked their lucky stars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

IMHO Jeremy Davies was superb in Saving Private Ryan, with no signs of tics. As for in LOST, big fan of his character. Taking forever to deliver a cryptic sentence, that's hardly a shocking thing for Lost now is it? The only straight talking i've seen in Season 4 comes from the likes of the Freighter Captain, Keamy, Sawyer etc.

What do you want him to do, comes straight out and say why they are on the Island? Which would probably also render a lot of the remaining 37 episodes useless! I really like Miles, Faraday, Charlotte, Lapidus etc, solid additions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The only straight talking i've seen in Season 4 comes from the likes of the Freighter Captain, Keamy, Sawyer etc.
    Ben has started to open up to the Losties(Locke anyway). He is the best character on the show. Faraday is a bit annoying.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

He's an asshat. The scientists all asshats in fact. I preferred Ana Lucia and that's saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Its like the writers said "right we need someone whos a social reject, weedy looking and irritating and who could pass as a loser who jacks off whilst dissecting mice"
    :pac: Best description of him yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Faraday is a legend. Easily one of my favourites, 2nd only to Eko in fact. Jack's an absolute w**kstain, and people have put up with him for 4 years, what's with the whole Faraday bashing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

That guy was also in the movie Twister, playing a similar type character. I like him tho :)
    dont find him annoying, but his story is unfurling quite slowly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Like the OP I've no idea why he's so popular with people. All he does is stutter and squint a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I like him.

Can't stand that red haired bitch who hangs round with him though!
    I want her to die...quite quickly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I've worked with genius types before and I have to say that he plays the part perfectly. In the beginning he was crossing the line between sympathy and irritation for his nervousness. I really like the bit where he got angry with Charlotte and said something like "Charlotte.....You're....really..NOT...helping". You could see he was torn between wanting to give out to her but not annoy her too much :).

As CaptainNegative says, he compares very favourably to the wooden part of Jack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I think he is great, and plays the part of the socially arkward genius very well.

What I do find annoying, and unrealistic, is that all the other cast never follow up with him. For example he told Jack ages ago that "Ummm, rescuing you isn't, umm what you would say umm our primary mission" Jack asked what was their primary mission but something interrupted them.

You would think that Jack at some point in the last week, would have gone back to him and asked him again.

But then again I've always found things like that in Lost to be highly unrealistic, the way no one seems to ever follow up or ask questions until they get an answer. Of course it is a way to tease the audience, and a show about a 50 foot smoke monster isn't necessarily going for "realistic" :)

I do find it distracting from the story though

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

great character i think, the way he takes ages to explain stuff just adds to his character that he tries to explain everything in simple terms so everyone can understand what the hell he is saying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Great character, not bad looking either. I wish at times he would give Charlotte a smack.

I wish at times he would give Charlotte a smack.
    She'd probably have no hesitation in hitting him back. She'd probably beat him quite easily in a fight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Glydeside white

He is pretty cool though, he is just the kind of guy the show needed, we have too many wooden heroish type guys like jack and sayer and sayid. Hurley is my fav though, he is so cool. By the way is it just me or has kate become increasingly fit. She is such a babe its unreal!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

malice_ wrote: »
    She'd probably have no hesitation in hitting him back. She'd probably beat him quite easily in a fight!

True

I don't find Sawyer or Sayid wooden at all, they can become quite animated when needs be. Jack on the other hand, Meh, wasn't too fond of him in Party of Five not too fond of him now.

we have too many wooden heroish type guys like jack and sayer and sayid.
    I agree with you about Jack, not with the other two. Sayid is a great character I think. I could see him being calm and serene regardless of his situation, whether he's taking a walk along a beach or killing someone with his bare hands! Sawyer seems to have his heart in the right place since coming to the island. Unfortunately he's far from the brightest of people which often results in consequences :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Faraday is a legend. Easily one of my favourites, 2nd only to Eko in fact. Jack's an absolute w**kstain, and people have put up with him for 4 years, what's with the whole Faraday bashing?

Couldn't agree more. Jack is doing my head in completely. What a ponse!

Faraday is good with all his quirks and the other 3 (redzer, pilot and whats his name) are good too.

BTW, this thread is hilarious.

jack should have died in the pilot... you should never make such major plot changes because of the fans.

maybe he'll drown in his wetness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

Well ammm eerrmmm if ahhhhhh some mmmmmmmm people errrrr ammmmmm like him mm well ahhhhhhhh it's aaa mmmmm ok hmmmm it's aaaaaa mm free mmmmm kind of ahhhhhmmmmmm country and emmmmmmm we ahhhhh *HUGE TWIST NECK MOVEMENT* mmmmm all ahhhhhh like mmmmmmm different mmmmmmmm things ahhhhhhh

Advertisement