Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best of Series

• 06-05-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

So what do ye think guys???,

Likes,
    Dis Likes,

What do ye think has been the best GTA of the series so far???...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jiz-fiz

Sudsy86 wrote: »
    So what do ye think guys???,

Likes,
    Dis Likes,

What do ye think has been the best GTA of the series so far???...

gta vice city was the best. best storyline best characters best improvements from previous game best ever gta simple as

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

IV wins hands down for me. Before it Vice City was my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sudsy86

I gotta go with Vice city myself...There was so much more you could do in the game...I will admit IV has some detail in the game that ya gotta love, like flying out through the window when ya hit a pole and being able to shoot ppl though the windows themselves...Comical...But for game play and features "it's gotta be VICE CITY to take it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

GTA III for me. It was the original sandbox game, and paved the way for a whole new approach to gaming. That first feeling of being able to explore a whole 3-d city, and do as you wish, will be hard to ever replicate, no one had any great expectations.

Also, when you look at future GTA games, there is nothing radically different in them from the first. Why, because they got so much of it right first time round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

Vice City by far.

That first feeling of being able to explore a whole 3-d city, and do as you wish,

You'd think the way some people talked about GTA3 that it was the first 3d game ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Phaetonman wrote: »
    Vice City by far.

You'd think the way some people talked about GTA3 that it was the first 3d game ever.

Well it was the first non-linear 3-d game for the masses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

IV-3-Vice City-San Andreas

Don't see what all the hub bub about Vice City is for? The city felt uninteresting and flat and it never really grabbed me like IV or 3 did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

For me I think it was a combination of the music and the Scarface/Carlito's way/Miami Vice setting. Plus, m0t0r8ik3z!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sudsy86

I agree with ye on 3 being the revolution of GTA and it being 1 of the main reasons why GTA is so popular now...But Vice City was the best and the reason i can give for this is as above " you gotta love the whole scarface feel there was to the game"...Plus you had both tanks and helicopters...What happened with IV and it havin no tank...Maye i havent come across 1 yet but i haen't seen or heard there was any....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

IV but San Andreas before that(the music and terrain mainly) I felt the SA missions were poor.

Didn't like Tommy Vercetti at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Vice City is the best by far. Best storyline, best characters, best setting and best soundtrack. Man, I love that game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I thought GTA 3 was the best (granted i haven't played 4). For me I didn't like the art direction in vice city and I just loathed everything about san andreas, it just annoyed me. But gta 3 had a great charm and it was straightforward, ye have a little bit about the mission before ye do it, and then ye just get the job done. No eating, no pushups - just good fun. Vice City was probably about the same gameplay-wise but I just preferred the look and feel of GTA 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

IV by far, then Vice City, 3, and lastly SA which I really didn't like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I would have said San Andreas up until today. Over the past week I haven't really had a good chance to sit down for a proper session with the game. Having got the time over the weekend, and now somewhere near the end of the story, I have to say this is the best one yet. The story starts out very very slowly but christ does it get moving towards the end. So many brilliant missions done, still seeing new stuff everytime I play and the fact Niko is the best GTA character to date all make this the best in the series so far for me.

Advertisement