Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycles in Waterford

• 06-05-2008 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Does anyone know if any of the bike shops sell second hand bikes? Or where would I get one? I want to take up cycling but I have been know to get bored of things so don't want to get a good bike just yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Spokes on Patrick St would be your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Very few places do secondhand. Ask Liam is spokes, he MIGHT have something. Failing that head out to Tony O'Mahony in Abbeyside Dungarvan, he usually has a selection outside the shop. What are you looking for ? Mountainbike, Hybrid, Road Bike etc.. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

I'm just looking for a basic mountain bike. As I said, I could get fed up with it in a few weeks so don't want to have forked out too much. If I think I'll get into it, I can get a better one. I'll try Spokes first, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭JMcL

You could have a look on Freecycle, or Jumbletown. There're often bikes of various sorts offered on these, and you never know what you might pick up

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Spokes don't do second hand last time I asked anyway, maybe keep an eye on buyandsell or just get a cheap first hand bike from spokes or altitude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

altitude sell second hand. they take trade ins on new bikes. go in and tell them what you want they will take your number and call you when one comes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

adverts.ie?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

supervalu jave a special offer on a mans full suspension mountain bike with 26 inch wheels for 99 euros at the moment.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

supervalu jave a special offer on a mans full suspension mountain bike with 26 inch wheels for 99 euros at the moment.

OP would be better off with a second hand rather then a cheap bike made of crap parts from a supermarket imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Very few places do secondhand. Ask Liam is spokes, he MIGHT have something. Failing that head out to Tony O'Mahony in Abbeyside Dungarvan, he usually has a selection outside the shop. What are you looking for ? Mountainbike, Hybrid, Road Bike etc.. ?

+1 for Tony O'Mahony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

Thanks. Just phoned Tony O'Mahony there but he hasn't any at the moment. Apparently the good weather has everyone wanting to buy bikes! Someone told me about a place in Carrick that does second hand bikes so I'll give that a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nateireann

Luvlylady,

did you find your second hand bike? I am thinking about the possibility of buying a bike and spending a lot on it is not an option xD

Another question,

would I be able to park it next to the bus/rail station with a chain and padlock or an u-lock? could I find that I don't have a bike anymore if I do that? could I be fined?

thanks!!

Advertisement