Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you about oil paint spilled on Carpet?

Options
  • 06-05-2008 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I got someone to steam it, I spilled Gloss on a Green Carpet. Is there anything I can do? Can you get some kind of spray or die that would camoflage it in with the rest of the carpet rather than getting another carpet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

If it's dry then you're f*cked TBH....whatever chance you have of getting it out whilst it's wet, once it's dry it's nigh on impossible (any substances capable of shifting dried gloss would damge the carpet anyhow). Even whilst wet it would take a lot of white spirit and detergent and the stain would still be visible...plus you usually damage the nap of the carpet by trying to scrub the paint out.
    Steaming it? Do you mean after the spill? If so, that probably made it worse.
    As for hiding it...not sure of any products...but since the gloss will repel most dyes and such that you might try to hide it with, any such product (if it exists) would be pointless as well.
    My only suggestion is either a rug or some clever furniture placement...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭casey jones

Have you got a spare piece of the carpet ? If not then the shop where you purchased it may be able to supply a piece and provide a carpet fitter to replace the affected area.

Advertisement