Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone playing MP on the PS3?

• 06-05-2008 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

People seem to organizing meet ups on XBL, is there any meet up threads for MP on the PS3? Wouldn't mind trying it out with some real people.

Nick is: leimrod

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I would if GTA IV worked while the PS3 was online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Aye same here, can't play it online or it will just freeze. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Is this affecting everyone? Is nobody able to play online yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,183 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Was trying to play at the weekend there, and it wouldnr't load the game at all of i left the PS3 wireless on?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

I haven't played since Saturday. I was kinda hoping this problem would be resolved by now. Was I disappointed when I read this thead :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

ive managed to have about 4 games online since i got it. not from lack of trying
    either :
    there is only 1 or 2 people at the very most in a room to play the team games or
    it sends me back to single player when the MP game is about to start

have given up on it til the latest update gets released, dying for a game of cop and crooks

Having minimal problems myself. I could'nt get into the lobby at all from wednesday evening until thursday night but that seemed to be the servers. What's your NAT types?. Mine is NAT 1, my lilttle cousin is NAT 3 and yesterday especially he would lose his connection as soon as he entered a lobby.

I've had it stall on a loading screen a few times which required me to reset the console but apart from that it's been no worse then anything else i play!!

If your all with Eircom it could very well be your NAT type!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I've been able to play Race and GTA Race but when i try to enter any other games it just throws back into single player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Race was giving me jip last night. "One or more players have disconnected, you are now returning to Single Player Mode". Its quite crap. Still though, at least they didnt delay it again. If they released it the first time around, it would have been buggy as fuk.

Or maybe they sat on their asses during the first delay period. Who knows?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Par72

I've been playing MP on the ps3 but I do get booted a lot, it's frustrating but the games are so much fun when you finally do get in on one. Deathmatch is really good, especially if you play it with the blips off and there's loads of others playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

As someone who might be buying a PS3 purely to use it for online play, I find this thread very worrying when comparing it to the 360 thread. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Had a few games today and no lockup... is it fixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭horsecrap

wat i find very good is partymode, then just invite ur friends.... no disconnection. no time limit. its exactly like deathmatch.

add me if you want. psn: deaglan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭horsecrap

Par72 wrote: »
    I've been playing MP on the ps3 but I do get booted a lot, it's frustrating but the games are so much fun when you finally do get in on one. Deathmatch is really good, especially if you play it with the blips off and there's loads of others playing.

im stupid, wat are blips???

If your all with Eircom it could very well be your NAT type!!
    I'm with Eircom, and I had no problems connecting to multiplayer on friday. It was only on Saturday that I started getting freezes. So I doubt it's anything to do with anyone's ISP
    horsecrap wrote: »
    im stupid, wat are blips???
    They're like little coloured balls over other players heads, to distinguish between real players, and random peds. The host of the game has the option to either turn them on or off.

nealmac wrote: »
    I'm with Eircom, and I had no problems connecting to multiplayer on friday. It was only on Saturday that I started getting freezes. So I doubt it's anything to do with anyone's ISP

They're like little coloured balls over other players heads, to distinguish between real players, and random peds. The host of the game has the option to either turn them on or off.

Well it could actually, as the Eircom router boxes are notorious for needing tweaking to play games, maybe it's fine for one but not another, i could'nt play FIFA 08 online, i'm almost pretty sure i got it to NAT 2 aswell but to no avail. I'm on NAT 1 and i'm having no problems, my little cousin was on NAT 3 and at first although he was'nt having problems it got bad 2 days ago, i got him NAT 1 today and we had a go few games.

You did'nt seem to point out what NAT type your at, do you know?

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    As someone who might be buying a PS3 purely to use it for online play, I find this thread very worrying when comparing it to the 360 thread. :(

That all depends what company there getting there net off, if there was a variation then it's more widespread, but i'd be surprised if nearly all saying that here are NOT Eircom!!. There router boxes are'nt too strightforward with working with the PS3

You did'nt seem to point out what NAT type your at, do you know?
    There is a very good reason for that :p

But like I said, it was working fine on friday. I'm having the same freezing issue that the whole world is having. It's definitely nothing to do with Eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i find it worrying that people pay 60 euro a year for a slightly better delivery of content system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I've played online a few times, good fun.
    The only problem I had was that the game resets my earnings back to zero, which is a pain in the hole.
    They really need to patch it or something.

• Advertisement

Cremo wrote: »
    i find it worrying that people pay 60 euro a year for a slightly better delivery of content system.

Yeah. I'm not saying that XBL isn't worth paying for, but I would like to know what it is you get for your bucks. And "better service", and more "people online" are not valid arguments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'm always good for a game Leigh, when PSN isn't crapping out on me.

PSN: DirkVoodoo

I'm just nealmac if anyone wants to add me. Just don't be an annoying kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I'm up for a game! :)

My ID is SB-1000, I should be online later this evening or tonight. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

mine is NAT 2 and ive no problems playing MGO, Fifa, GT5 etc so it must be something to do with GTA itself. connection is from chorus. again, im not having any trouble getting into the multiplayer section, its the lack of people to play/listed in game types thats the major problem. Is it the case that once people get in they stay in the same game for hours on end?

Advertisement