Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guy stabbed in town at lunchtime

• 06-05-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭

Was passing Revolution at around 2 or half 2 today and there was 2 fellas going at it outside Revolution in front of everyone. The older chap pulled out a knife and started reefing into the other... F**ked up stuff!

Anyone hear of what transpired? Couldn't stick around as I was rushing back to college...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

as reported by RTE.ie
    =========================

A man has been stabbed in Waterford City centre.

The incident happened around the John Street area of the city shortly after 2pm.

He has been taken to hospital but it is not yet known how serious his condition is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭bullpost

How old were these lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭jimmytheman

was sitting outside revolution on John St when it happened having a cig -
    2 turkish gyuy started fighting on the footpath -
    few other turks got involved -
    one guy pulled a knife -
    was over in seconds -
    guy is in hospital and outisde Revolution and Kentucky is cordoned off

seemingly its a race thing between Kerds and Turks

one in his 50's other in his 20's
    guy in 50's pulled the knife

heard the guy is not badly injured at all
    looked worse than it was!

thanks god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Shame they are airing their landary in another society.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Bards wrote: »
    as reported by RTE.ie
    =========================

A man has been stabbed in Waterford City centre.

The incident happened around the John Street area of the city shortly after 2pm.

He has been taken to hospital but it is not yet known how serious his condition is.

not finding anything on breakingnews.ie or rte
    nearest I can find is http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/?jp=mhgbausngbau&c=ireland but its Carlow

[EDIT]
    found it http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0506/waterford.html
    A man has been seriously injured during a stabbing outside a pub in Waterford city centre.

The attack is believed to have happened following an altercation between a number of men.

Gardaí say that one of the men received a number of stab wounds and while his condition is serious it is not life threatening.
    Advertisement

The attack happened around 2pm on John Street in the city centre.

The man is being treated at Waterford Regional Hospital for his injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

OP, as the witness of an attempted murder, I hope you have done (or are going to do) the responsible thing and contacted the police to see if they want a statement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

FruitLover wrote: »
    OP, as the witness of an attempted murder, I hope you have done (or are going to do) the responsible thing and contacted the police to see if they want a statement?

Don't want to sound rude, but whatever the OP does is none of your business.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Don't want to sound rude, but whatever the OP does is none of your business.

Thats true but one could say that he/she has a duty to society to do so...being a good citizen and all that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I would have assumed that he/she has already or is going to do such a thing

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

A friend of mine witnessed it and apparently there are more then enough statements. There were a lot of witnesses. Plus, the Guards have not asked for assistance from the public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Sully wrote: »
    A friend of mine witnessed it and apparently there are more then enough statements. There were a lot of witnesses. Plus, the Guards have not asked for assistance from the public.

The front page of todays Munster Express says otherwise ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

deise59 wrote: »
    The front page of todays Munster Express says otherwise ;)

Didnt read any local paper today, was going by the RTE press release. Thanks, will pass word on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Stinger-bar

That could have been anyone of us.....if we didn't ask for our kebabs nicely!

Advertisement