Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Championship and League Playoffs.

Options
  • 06-05-2008 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭

Anything jump out at anyone this year?

I must say that I have been scouting around for value and I think Leeds at 4/5 at home to Carlisle in the 1st leg of their League 1 playoff at Elland Road is an absolutely huge price. I thought Leeds would be 1/2 or so. I follow League 1 very closely and Carlisle are in shocking form. They basically threw away their automatic promotion place with a terrible string of results featuring a 3-0 trouncing by lowly Millwall, and a draw at home to Bournemouth (now relegated) and losing to Leeds at Elland Road a few weeks ago (fair enough they only lost 3-2, but Leeds will be playing a different game on May 12th with a crowd of probably upwards of 35,000 at Elland Road and promotion up for grabs).

Leeds have won six out of their last seven games and if they hadn't been deducted those points then they'd be promoted already. They are a top side and with firepower like Beckford and Freedman up front they can score a lot of goals too. I can't understand why they are 4/5 to win this game when they are best price 13/8 to win the promotion place, it baffles me as you would think that if they're going to go up they would be almost assured to win this one.

Advertisement