Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying Schools / Clubs in Cork City?

Options
  • 06-05-2008 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

OK I've got a few flying-related questions...

I am planning to try out a couple of flying lessons in or around Cork city. The only flying school I know of is AtlanticAir (http://www.atlanticair.ie/). I was wondering whether anyone knows:
    * is there another (cheaper) flying school in or around Cork city
    * is there any flying clubs in Cork city and can one get reductions on flying lessons if one becomes a member of a club?

The flying school mentioned above offer lessons at €195 p/h which seems extremely high to me (I would have expected lessons to be available for somewhere around €130 p/h).

Has anyone travelled abroad for flying lessons, and if so are they significantly cheaper? Are lessons international (taking lessons abroad can contribute towards gaining a private pilots license back home) ?

Any tips would be appreciated,

jAH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

the atlantic flight training place is the only one i could find bought a voucher there for a present. i thought maybe more places might have oped. i think there are a few up the country if you google it? i thought the atlantic place was a bit steep myself. have you looked in the yellow pages?

Advertisement