Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Nova 3 songs cash giveaway, what were the songs?

Options
  • 06-05-2008 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Does anyone remember in the mid-80s Radio Nova had a cash giveaway for the 100th caller, who should ring in after hearing 3 particular songs in a row.

I remember 2 of the songs were

Sussana by the Art Company, and Sunshine Reggae by laid back,

however I cant remember who the last one was and its driving me and my drinking buddies nuts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I could have sworn that Billie Jean and either Let's Dance or China Girl were two. Did they do it twice, I can't remember?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Evening, yeah i remember listening at the time but cant remember the third song in question. I know the cash award was somthing like a grand which caused a bit of controversy at the time .With the high unemployment rate , people were complaining it was immoral to be teasing people on the airwaves with so many short of cash ,ha ha .Quite funny now but not seen as such by some at the time.

I can hear the jingle now' Radio Nova ' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Zaph wrote: »
    I could have sworn that Billie Jean and either Let's Dance or China Girl were two. Did they do it twice, I can't remember?

Yes there was a second £6000 giveaway in 1983 which used

Want to be starting something - Michael Jackson
    Baby Jane - Rod Stewart
    Let's Dance - David Bowie

The one I'm thinking of must have preceded this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rossdarragh

I definitly remember Suzanna, vaguely remember Sunshine Reggae but it does seem familiar when i checked it out on youtube. And the third song was "I'm still Standing" by elton John. I remember, I was off school that day and heard the 3songs being played.

PS I just read zaphs post and lets dance could be correct.

Advertisement