Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aduki Beans

• 06-05-2008 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

I bought these from the health food store the other day, as they were recommended to me. Do any of you folk use them in any recipes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I've thrown them in with chilli in the past, and with rice, but neither really made me sit up and take notice to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Do you need to soak them overnight, or do you just throw them straight in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Soaked overnight then parboiled and thrown into the chilli, or fully boiled and added to the cooked rice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

We stick them in beef stew. They're a winner. Soaking overnight is the only downside. You unfortunately need to do this. We tried getting away with it and got stung.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

These are meant to be a new superfood right? What are the said benefits? The mammy just bought some.

• Advertisement
Advertisement