Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New NIN album The Slip free to download!

• 06-05-2008 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

http://dl.nin.com/theslip/signup

Available to download in plenty of formats as a thank you for the fans support over the years! Legend!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

thats pretty cool, fair play to them!! is is good? ive gotten my download link and all but i can only get online in work coz my laptop died at home! just have to wait for it to be fixed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Trent is the man.

The album is published under some new sort of lisence which encourages torrents, sharing with your freinds, posting it on your blogs and what not.

Basically it means that even the torrents from 'illigitimate' sites are perfectly fine to post here or anywhere.

Really loving the album and I have so much respect for Trent for his appreciation of the fans. It's refreshing to see an artist with genuine respect for the people who made him what he is.

Also check out the new Saul Williams album, NiggyTardust which Reznor produced and sings on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

judas101 wrote: »
    Trent is the man.
    The album is published under some new sort of lisence which encourages torrents, sharing with your freinds, posting it on your blogs and what not.
    Basically it means that even the torrents from 'illigitimate' sites are perfectly fine to post here or anywhere.

The creative commons licences aren't new they date from 2002 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons_licenses) the one he is using (attribution non-commercial share alike license http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/us/ ) means:

Attribution - You may copy, distribute, display and perform the work and make derivative works based on it only if they give the author or licensor the credits in the manner specified by these

non-commercial - You may copy, distribute, display, and perform the work and make derivative works based on it only for noncommercial purposes.

Share alike - You may distribute derivative works only under a license identical to the license that governs the original work

Which is the same licence as Ghosts I-IV but I'm not sure how that works as Ghosts cost $5 and this is free so I suppose in theory for Ghosts you should have paid $5 before you copied, distributed, displayed, remixed or performed any of the tracks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

The Slip is pretty damn good imo, better than year zero anyway. Anyone notice how a lot of the songs tend to start with drum beats as with year zero?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Sweet. First torrent that has maxed out my 4Mb DSL! And in lovely FLAC too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

A few good tracks IMO, but nothing special. Some cool 'sub bass' moments there, and the tracks had a generally high dynamic range.

But TBH I felt like the album had nothing much to convey... just sounded a bit half hearted and ranty, with some predictable NIN quirkiness thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

hope to download it soon saw them last year with foo fighters savage gig. if i download it how cna i sent it to my ipod. also how cna i send mp3 cds to my ipod have a load of cds when i had a cd mp3 player and dont know how to transfer it as it doesnt work on my pc at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

if itunes is your ddefault music player when you download the album itself just play the songs and they will be added to the folder itself, i have it on my ipod now, very impressed with it i have to say!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 GrewSome

hi orestes, thanks for the link. like the name (ie tried to get it) are you a perferct circle or a greek mythology fan? ;) dont know anything about greek mythology but love the song.......:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

How were the 'ultra-deluxe' cds of Ghosts sold?i.e.how did you get your hands on one?The reason I ask being I'd love to get my hands on an 'ultra-deluxe' version of 'The Slip' if there is going to be one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

All the deluxe versions were sold through nin.com and the most expensive one ($300 or something) sold out by the day after they were announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

GrewSome wrote: »
    hi orestes, thanks for the link. like the name (ie tried to get it) are you a perferct circle or a greek mythology fan? ;) dont know anything about greek mythology but love the song.......:)

No worries, hope you enjoy the album. It was from the greek mythology but I love APC and that song so it worked out pretty well for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 Klept0

Pretty good album considering it's free! Love the artwork in the pdf too. I'd say "Head Down" would be my favourite track so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭bobtjustice

Echoplex, by far for me is the best song on the album

Advertisement