Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Concentrate

• 06-05-2008 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I could buy this? It's used as a sugar substitute in sugar free deserts but I can't find it anywhere. When I google it all I get are american sites. Anyone out there know where I could buy it in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Many health stores have it. Usually meridian brand. I am pretty sure holland & barret do it.

It is pretty much just apple flavoured sugar though! apple juice is 11% sugar. It is not nearly as good for you as eating fresh apples. It certainly will not make a low sugar, low calorie desert. I would sooner make an apple tart TBH

Squeeze used to do cans of concentrate, dunno if they still do.

I use the concentrate in vodka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

Thanks for that rubadub! I was thinking that it was probably as bad as putting sugar into a dessert tbh but I was living in hope of finding a way to make low calorie cakes, gah!

Advertisement