Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'how did your exam go?' thread?

Options
  • 06-05-2008 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

As the thread title said.

I just had the International Politics II exam. It was grand. One of those exams that doesn't go better or worse than expect. Just breezed by.

And all of yours?

EDIT: Mods, there's an extra question mark at the end of the thread title and it's annoying the hell out of me, can you one of you edit it...please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Pathology: Minging - well completely blanked one question. EMQs weren't too bad though, but meh - could have been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Law of Tort - not too bad,fair choice of questions, but I think I probably rushed it a bit, oh well, one down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Operating Systems - Pretty ok, only worth 30% anyway.
    Financial Economics - Happy with this; fluffed one or two parts, but overall very pleased

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

Intermediate Microeconomics - As good as economics can go really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Tom65 wrote: »
    I just had the International Politics II exam. It was grand. One of those exams that doesn't go better or worse than expect. Just breezed by.
    Yeah, had that one too. Besides getting one of the MCQs wrong that I shouldn't have, it all went fine; great way to kick off the exams! It's the one tomorrow I worried about!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭niamherz88

Law of tort!! Went ok I thought!! Propably could have done a bit more study but all things considered think i passed!!! Really worried bout contract tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

dont you just hate disecting exams once their finished!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Strategy today was fine, nice paper...

1 down 6 to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Data Structures & Algorithms II - was okay... Was almost exactly like the sample paper, so if I had spent more time studying I could have gotten an A! But alas, I'm a lazy bugger. Worked out that I should get at least 55% from it... plus I've done a load of course work and did okay on it. Should be okay for it.

Now, to study for my next 3 exams................. GRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

Yesterday was the drawing exam for the Graphics & Communication in Design course, which was very good, I thought. I messed up a little on part the opening question, trying to figure out what something looks like from incomplete drawings, but did OK on the following two questions. I'll get penalised for neatness, though: it's tough trying to do drawings accurate to 0.1mm in a dimly-lit corridor in the science hub. I had shadows from the instruments obscuring lines I had drawn.

Tomorrow: Maths, and there's way too much new stuff to remember. I should get back to that now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Introduction to Social Psychology - nice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Analysing Politics done and dusted now thankfully. I can actually study stuff I'm half way interested in from here on in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Analysing Politics done and dusted now thankfully. I can actually study stuff I'm half way interested in from here on in!

I have no idea how that went. It was a different kind of exam, so I don't know if I wrote what they were looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Data Structures & Algorithms II - was okay... Was almost exactly like the sample paper, so if I had spent more time studying I could have gotten an A! But alas, I'm a lazy bugger. Worked out that I should get at least 55% from it... plus I've done a load of course work and did okay on it. Should be okay for it.

Now, to study for my next 3 exams................. GRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG
    I spent about 6 pages doing the removal in a list because of the way he wanted us to lay it out:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Clinical exercise practical - random questions that came out of left field a bit but I managed ok (I hope!). I was really annoyed thou because the other class got a dream of a paper that I would've aced!

Neurology practical - again questions not quite what we were expecting but both classes got similar papers and I'm safe enough for passing anyway.

Financial Accounting 1, not so bad, but it didn't balance:( two down, four to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

I'm pulling an all nighter for post communist Europe tomorrow, fingers crossed its an easy paper. I may cry if its not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Disability for Healthcare - Some evil MCQs on topics we hadn't even covered. Nice short answer questions. Hoping for a B overall.

German ab initio - I couldn't translate some of the questions but I doubt they were trying to trick us with a beginner language so I just did what seemed to make sense. So based on that, really nice, hoping for an A to drag up my GPA!

Now, there's there easy ones done... Much harder to come :(

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

Financial Accounting 1, not so bad, but it didn't balance:( two down, four to go

how far were you out in question three? Can't see where I went wrong was 70 out :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

Analysis yesterday. easy.

• Advertisement

Management Principles; :mad: horrible horrible exam... there goes my GPA
    Bluefox21 wrote: »
    how far were you out in question three? Can't see where I went wrong was 70 out :pac:

I was 3 out!, such an odd error, though to be honest, I didn't do accounting for leaving, so there are many places I could be making mistakes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Spanish Ab Initio yesteday evening.
    Legend.

Hasta Luego

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

Maths for Engineers III: nothing wrong with the exam, if you have a photographic memory for advanced calculus and a love for Maths.

I have neither, I think Maths is a means to an end, not an end in itself. There was enough new Maths in one 12-week course to last us a whole year, and I had to cram Maths that I knew a couple of months ago, but which had been sandblasted from my brain by a deluge of new Maths.

So, next semester we'll be getting snarky comments from the lecturer about how much we've forgotten. I think I passed, though. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Operating Systems(20060) was very straight forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Willum101

intermediate macroeconomics. kinda nasty but i expected that. hopefully i waffled enough to get through haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I had a Roman Sculpture exam but I dont like dissecting past performances, I look forward to the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

1st one today, Applied Psychology 1st year, doing it as an elective.

I took this one for granted really, I knew I would just go over it the whole day before but spent most of the day WRITING the notes and not enough time learning them, I got up early today to go over them but I was so knackered nothing would stay in me head :P

Only 1 hour exam, MCQ's, short questions, fill in blanks. Was ok-ish, hoping I'll scrape a B as I really need it for my GPA :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Competanc y Test; Think of your worst day where everything goes wrong, multiply it 100. That's what happened.

Somehow passed it - god knows how.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

stereoroid wrote: »
    Maths for Engineers III: nothing wrong with the exam, if you have a photographic memory for advanced calculus and a love for Maths.

I have neither, I think Maths is a means to an end, not an end in itself. There was enough new Maths in one 12-week course to last us a whole year, and I had to cram Maths that I knew a couple of months ago, but which had been sandblasted from my brain by a deluge of new Maths.

So, next semester we'll be getting snarky comments from the lecturer about how much we've forgotten. I think I passed, though. :rolleyes:

Well good news. Unless its integration or differentiation, you'll probably never use most of it again :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Renal Pharmacology today. Very handy although I managed to f*ck up a question kind of by mixing up my references.

Advanced Neurochemistry on Saturday morning - what must be about 30 lectures worth of material crammed into 12.

Then at 6-8 the same day, Emerging Therapies - where half the course is pure speculation because no on has bothered to get funding to study it, great fun altogether.

Edit: I forgot how spectacular some of the women in UCD are, they all come out for exams lol.

Advertisement