Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'how did your exam go?' thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bowden

tribulus wrote: »
    Edit: I forgot how spectacular some of the women in UCD are, they all come out for exams lol.

True that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

gubbie wrote: »
    Well good news. Unless its integration or differentiation, you'll probably never use most of it again :)
    Integration was a big part of it, and Differential Equations (1st & second order) too, but it was too much for 12 weeks of lectures. I know these are important topics in Engineering, and so I want to be good at them. I just found there was too much to remember, even with last-minute cramming. It's stuff that I won't need to memorize in the real world. We have books for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Medical Law dead handy
    Financial management easy

just ****ed for my 2 exams tomorrow though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Breezer wrote: »
    Disability for Healthcare - Some evil MCQs on topics we hadn't even covered. Nice short answer questions. Hoping for a B overall.

Now, there's there easy ones done... Much harder to come :(

really, I heard it was ridiculously easy, MCQs were simple....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Intermediate Macro... what a disaster :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

stereoroid wrote: »
    I think Maths is a means to an end, not an end in itself.

i don't even know where to start.....
    blasphemy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Willum101

Notorious wrote: »

i feel your pain. it was nasty wasnt it? spose thats what i get for being a slacker this semester

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

:| wrote: »
    really, I heard it was ridiculously easy, MCQs were simple....
    Some of them were grand, some of them were nasty though. Everyone I spoke to afterwards seemed to feel the same way as me, including super intelligent people who have won awards for things! The SAQs were fine too.

Genetics, Perinatal and Paedatric Diseases - Oh God. This was supposed to be my good subject. EMQs were grand, then came the SAQs. Hard to know how they went really. Had to do 4 from 5 as against 4 from 6 last year which made it harder and forced me to waffle my way through one that I'm going to be crucified on, I just know it. Still though, with a good mid term and some decent stuff in there amongst the waffle I'm still hoping for a B. Isn't hope wonderful? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Reinsurance was a doddle this morning, stupid one coming up at 6 oclock which i havent even revised for, so ****ed its not even funny....definitely fail on the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

i must be the first student finished, my 3 exams were scheduled during the first 3 days and it was a mighty kick in the balls if i'm honest, woulda loved an extra 24 hours cramming for each exam!

all 3 went grand if not anything spectacularly amazing. spanish ab initio was almost too easy that i overlooked some of the most obvious material in favour of learning all those long impressive phrases that i didn't need during the exam. same with Latin America, got 2 sample questions beforehand, i didn't think they would be on the exam thus didn't prepare for them and both came up :(, f**k it anyway

yeah finished UCD forever now :cool: :eek: not sure i've done quite enough to get that first class honours but after the sheer mentalness of the past 6 weeks (and the whole 4 years in general) i'll be very happy with a high 2.1! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭milkado

financial accounting one was grand cause was basically the same as last years exam papers, don't know what people mean by things balancing though!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

neurophysiology was a disaster. Cannot say much more :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

Notorious wrote: »

Was John Sheehan your lecturer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Early Modern Ireland was a fairly unpleasant paper, though I think I made the best of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Intro to Programming II was a walk in the park, did all 4 questions in 45 minutes, then sat around waiting to leave.

Unfortunately, I have actual hard exams next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Yesterday's musculoskeletal practical was a bit off, my half of the class got a bit of a random question but sure I managed something, though my handling wasn't great as I've 5 manips to do in 5 mins!

Today's Neurology written was similar, one lovely question, but kinda bluffed the other. We got small specific questions whereas last years paper was the 3 big broad areas. Again safe enough though. Four down, four to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Health Economics earlier, was pretty similar to past papers. Ronseal!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

ant043 wrote: »
    neurophysiology was a disaster. Cannot say much more :mad:

is that the neurophysiology that was on at 6pm yesterday?...just judging by the time of post i dont know how you got out that quick...

anyway it was a disaster for my too,not unexpected though.i didnt really study it at all at all because i knew it would still be like reading a different language...had fun guessing :)

yeah that was the one. Think i just blotted it out at time and its just hit me how shockingly bad i did.

ant043 wrote: »
    yeah that was the one. Think i just blotted it out at time and its just hit me how shockingly bad i did.

Ah you might suprise yourself. Last year I attempted all 100 questions and literally was only certain about one of them + I ended up doing grand. In fact nobody in my class had to repeat it which was very suprising to us all!

• Advertisement

thanks for that dajaffa. There might be hope after all.

Was John Sheehan your lecturer?

yup..

bit of a harsh man (said nicely)

I'm finished too! Finished as of 2pm yesterday.

5 exams in 4 days was stressful to say the least!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr Minraise

yup..

bit of a harsh man (said nicely)

I'm finished too! Finished as of 2pm yesterday.

5 exams in 4 days was stressful to say the least!!!

Me too, couldnt be more happy right now.

Where did you guys end up last night, anygood?

Donal.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

Advanced Macro. Absolutely grand, no need for all the panic at the start of the semester at all at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

20th Century Ireland North & South was grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Advanced Macro. Absolutely grand, no need for all the panic at the start of the semester at all at all!
    Ditto, lovely stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

ferdi wrote: »
    20th Century Ireland North & South was grand.

yup, really easy paper! happy days.

Musculoskeletal II written was nicer than I expected. It could have been really tough but the questions were osteoporosis, low back pain + a neck problem so I was pleasantly suprised :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Really got off the hook today.

9-11 Advanced Neurochemistry: Very handy questions about NT release, loads to write about.

Then the second question was write two short essays on...
    Couldn't believe it! Astrocytes all the way.

6-8 Then Emerging Therapies: Instead of all the gene and stem cell therapy questions there was a pharmacological one - spewing every bit of info onto the page.

Then there was the pluripotency questions but I'll forget about that one.

Half way there, only finish at 8pm on the 16th, grrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Designed Environment (Architecture) II: weird to see a full hall on Saturday evening, but it went well: I took the Brunelleschi (Q1), Industrial Revolution (Q9), and could waffle on about the Monadnock Building for Q12, thanks to a journal I read last week. Can't wait to see what I score on this one.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement