Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'how did your exam go?' thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Cardiovascular & Renal Diseases on Saturday - there is a God :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Sociology In Practise on Saturday! Was okay..I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

Musculoskeletal one was grand but i couldnt see the stupid clock so kinda rushed my answer but think i might have written enough :o

seems some of our exams are the exact same as your last year dajaffa so iv judt written down what you got in musculoskeletal two :)

(ps.please keep not of all your other exams thanks!hahaha)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeah I hate not being able to see the clock... For 2 exams I ended up sitting at the very back row :mad: It's a fix!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭spaceman1

Did you not hear the bell that rings every hour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

spaceman1 wrote: »
    Did you not hear the bell that rings every hour?

wasnt really much help because the exam was only an hour long.had two questions to do so needed to know when it was half.

iv never heard a bell ring on the hour though no....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Used to hear it over in the main hall, I don't think you can hear it from Simmonscourt. Either that or my hearing's gone bad in my old age.

Didn't hear a bell either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Pharm07

tribulus wrote: »
    Renal Pharmacology today. Very handy although I managed to f*ck up a question kind of by mixing up my references.

Advanced Neurochemistry on Saturday morning - what must be about 30 lectures worth of material crammed into 12.

Then at 6-8 the same day, Emerging Therapies - where half the course is pure speculation because no on has bothered to get funding to study it, great fun altogether.

Edit: I forgot how spectacular some of the women in UCD are, they all come out for exams lol.

oh God 4th year pharm :eek:
    *shudders*
    Im not looking forward to next yr? how was the whole year tribulus? is it as bad as im thinking?
    What about the project and exams? 3rd years so stressfull:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

I have been kicking ass and taking names! The first two exams were a little less than stellar, but with one to go I am feeling very good about myself, particularly since I had a 9-11 followed by a 12-2 today and pwned both of them.

(And now I am going to feel very silly if I get my grades back and have bombed everything.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Myth in Greek Art and Architecture was sexy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Citizenship and Diversity, failure! Arg. Blank of epic proportions. At least its over.

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Didn't hear a bell either...

I think the bell belongs to the church at the corner where anglesea and simmonscourt meet.

Cheers

Anyone else think it's unfair to have hot invigilators in the hall? :(

Yeah, especially when the guy in front keeps on calling them over to look at a "problem" with his paper. Are you that guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Law of contract was fine, the paper was basically last year's paper with different names.
    Two tomorrow and then I'm free...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Pharm07 wrote: »
    oh God 4th year pharm :eek:
    *shudders*
    Im not looking forward to next yr? how was the whole year tribulus? is it as bad as im thinking?
    What about the project and exams? 3rd years so stressfull:(

If I'm being honest I found 3rd year very easy, there's only 2 or 3 labs a week and 10 or so lectures, was for me anyway.

I'm not really the person to ask about final year as I barely came in at all, just want to get my piece of paper and get out but:

The 10-12 weeks in the lab is good fun. A lot depends on what project you do and what supervisor it's with. Generally though you'll be left to your own devices so it's a nice bit of independence and gives you some idea of what it's like being in an actual lab rather than the undergrad ones.

If you want to make life easier for yourself, start learning how to do electrophoresis/westerns now, it'll make your first few weeks a lot easier. It's generally a good atmosphere as you can just waltz into your mates lab while you have a gel running or whatever.

And most importantly if you ever need to use the ultra centrifuge make absolutely sure you have the right rotor in and the correct rpm settings - it varies depending on the rotor - I was about 2 seconds away from destroying a 100K machine!!

Lecturers are generally very accommodating and will help you out. Writing the thesis is a pain in the hole but just get it done, the presentation can be daunting to some but if you're a confident public speaker it will be fine.
    That's all I can think of right now!

So today I had Advanced Gene Regulation. It was okay, had a good question on transgenic mice and the ER but my nuclear localization comparison of phosphorylation and redox was rubbish. Cancer tomorrow then my 2 days of no sleep can end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I studied two topics both of which came up in todays exam that I'd otherwise have handed up a blank answer sheet for, and you only had to answer two questions. I run good at life...

Degenerate tbh, when you finished? Scoops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Tomorrow and my yes, when are you finished? Everyones heading out thursday but if you're finished earlier...

• Advertisement

tribulus wrote: »
    If I'm being honest I found 3rd year very easy, there's only 2 or 3 labs a week and 10 or so lectures, was for me anyway.

I'm not really the person to ask about final year as I barely came in at all, just want to get my piece of paper and get out but:

The 10-12 weeks in the lab is good fun. A lot depends on what project you do and what supervisor it's with. Generally though you'll be left to your own devices so it's a nice bit of independence and gives you some idea of what it's like being in an actual lab rather than the undergrad ones.

If you want to make life easier for yourself, start learning how to do electrophoresis/westerns now, it'll make your first few weeks a lot easier. It's generally a good atmosphere as you can just waltz into your mates lab while you have a gel running or whatever.

And most importantly if you ever need to use the ultra centrifuge make absolutely sure you have the right rotor in and the correct rpm settings - it varies depending on the rotor - I was about 2 seconds away from destroying a 100K machine!!

Lecturers are generally very accommodating and will help you out. Writing the thesis is a pain in the hole but just get it done, the presentation can be daunting to some but if you're a confident public speaker it will be fine.
    That's all I can think of right now!

So today I had Advanced Gene Regulation. It was okay, had a good question on transgenic mice and the ER but my nuclear localization comparison of phosphorylation and redox was rubbish. Cancer tomorrow then my 2 days of no sleep can end.

mm sounds ok but i dont like the sound of the presentation. I hate public speaking, im a **** speaker normally anyway. Thats gonna be embarrassing.
    Modularisation must be more demanding. We always had about 3 reports to do everyweek. So about 2000-3000 words each for a pathetic 3% each. pretty tough going. :rolleyes:
    Good luck with the exams and hope you get a job outta you pharm degree! dont take the good ones, im on your heels!
    Thanks

Pharm07 wrote: »
    mm sounds ok but i dont like the sound of the presentation. I hate public speaking, im a **** speaker normally anyway. Thats gonna be embarrassing.
    Modularisation must be more demanding. We always had about 3 reports to do everyweek. So about 2000-3000 words each for a pathetic 3% each. pretty tough going. :rolleyes:
    Good luck with the exams and hope you get a job outta you pharm degree! dont take the good ones, im on your heels!
    Thanks

Cheers but a pass degree won't get me a great job! We'll see.

i was part of the biggest exam ever held in ireland today....3383 people and 83 exams....:eek: thats crzy. so many people, i dont know how they organize it all.
    the head invigilator man told us all these interesting facts while we waited five minutes for the dart people to come in. Apparently there was a power cut on the dart.....how annoying would that be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

I was stuck on the DART between stations for 1/2 hour today; good thing I wasn't heading for an exam. I had Theory & Design of Structures earlier, and could have done better: flattened the MCQ section, went all perfectionist on the first long question... but chose the wrong method for the second long question, and ran out of time with a few calculations left undone. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Cheers

Anyone else think it's unfair to have hot invigilators in the hall? :(

Haha, yes. Between the dancing and the hotness, the invigilators are quite a distraction this year. More a welcome distraction though...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

Law of contract was fine, the paper was basically last year's paper with different names.
    Two tomorrow and then I'm free...

not good if you follow my logic that the same questions won't come up twice in a row.....

Is it 50 credits or else you fail the year?! contract being ten may put me under pressure for tomorro!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

I had bloody weird one today. US Civil War; the exam WAS the sample paper, word for word.
    Not that it helped me in any way. I prefer to presume that the topics on a sample paper may be on the exam, not the actual questions lifted verbatim. Twas kinda odd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Macka wrote: »
    I had bloody weird one today. US Civil War; the exam WAS the sample paper, word for word.
    Not that it helped me in any way. I prefer to presume that the topics on a sample paper may be on the exam, not the actual questions lifted verbatim. Twas kinda odd

Was that with Dr David Doyle? The third year module. Is it 100% exam, just wondering cause I'm in second year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭thecoolfreak

Bluefox21 wrote: »
    not good if you follow my logic that the same questions won't come up twice in a row.....

Is it 50 credits or else you fail the year?! contract being ten may put me under pressure for tomorro!

Piece of advice from a final year law student. Always look at past papers because 90% of the lecturers use the same few questions year after year. Equity and Trusts is one of the few subjects where she comes up new questions every year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

Myth in Greek Art and Architecture was sexy:)

Say now, I sat that exam. Was it just me, or was the first essay question just absurdly broad? I basically wrote a summary of all of her lectures back at her.

Advertisement