Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'how did your exam go?' thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

Was that with Dr David Doyle? The third year module. Is it 100% exam, just wondering cause I'm in second year.

Ye it is a third year module with David Doyle, 30% written assessment, 70% exam though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

US Foreign Policy from 1945 was sexy. such a nice paper, hell of a lot easier than i thought it was gonna be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Willum101

Intermediate quantitative economics was ok. what i expected. not like labour economics tomorrow which im doomed in......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Greek Law. Great paper, great subject

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

What is with people describing exams as sexy. Odd....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Principles of Microeconomics...I'll be hoping to pass by compensation in this one. Should have dropped economics in the first place, this proved why, hate the subject.

Irish Culture & Society(Sociology) was fine. Had a few topics covered, and the two main ones I focussed on came up, allowing me enough scope for some good answers. So I'm happy with that. I'd call it...sexy:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

:| wrote: »
    What is with people describing exams as sexy. Odd....

its a UCD thing....being from DCU you wouldnt understand :p

i bet the weather is gonna go back to its old disgusting self the SECOND i finish my exam tomorrow....

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Principles of Microeconomics was okay, nothing unusual, but I still blanked for a good few questions.
    Constitutional Rights was a lovely paper. What is the most surprising area of law you have studied in this course? It was like a Junior cert English question, what is your favourite poem and why. Considering how much I was dreading that paper it was a very nice surpise.
    And now I'm free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TonythePony

It's sick and wrong to have winter repeats slap bang in the middle of semester 2 examinations. Is it because of extra costs admin bother or becuase they hate me.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

yesterday:
    exploring the solar system - easy
    multivariable calculus & applications - very easy

today:
    fluids and waves - easy

two more...and i like the current trend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

I've lost all motivation to study for my last two, i feel like I'm on my holidays now already :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

saw this thread last night. used to hate exams and the fear/intrepidation? they used instill. nightmares and all last night!!! all i can say is i effed up my civeng and arch. exams 15 years ago and i'm still ok... if it helps anyone good luck, give it your best shot/ worst shot, just do em for your own reasons!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Ballerina wrote: »
    i bet the weather is gonna go back to its old disgusting self the SECOND i finish my exam tomorrow....

dont worry! im not finished til thursday around 4, as long as u get all your sun-related activities done before then youl b grand!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭noelfirl

tribulus wrote: »
    So today I had Advanced Gene Regulation. It was okay, had a good question on transgenic mice and the ER but my nuclear localization comparison of phosphorylation and redox was rubbish. Cancer tomorrow then my 2 days of no sleep can end.

I fecked G Butler's question up too because I couldn't remember much about Yap1p. Awful.

Cancer was fairly OK tonight, could have been much worse. Not looking forward to Cardiovascular at all...
    Pharm07 wrote: »
    mm sounds ok but i dont like the sound of the presentation. I hate public speaking, im a **** speaker normally anyway. Thats gonna be embarrassing.
    Modularisation must be more demanding. We always had about 3 reports to do everyweek. So about 2000-3000 words each for a pathetic 3% each. pretty tough going. :rolleyes:
    Good luck with the exams and hope you get a job outta you pharm degree! dont take the good ones, im on your heels!
    Thanks

Don't worry about the presentation at all, it's actually a very supportive atmosphere and none of the department will be out to get you too much unless you behave like a right fool.

And aside from that, I'm loving the poor guy in the RDS on the tannoy, it's either live each time (which would be very sad) or they've recorded a few variants, because it changes a bit now and then. "The doors to the exam hall are now open...". He sounds so bored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

noelfirl wrote: »
    I fecked G Butler's question up too because I couldn't remember much about Yap1p. Awful.

Cancer was fairly OK tonight, could have been much worse. Not looking forward to Cardiovascular at all...

Hi Noel, I should be okay for cardio as one of the questions will be quite related to my thesis (platelets and thrombin etc. you can maybe guess who it is!)

Cancer was okay. I surprisingly had a decent question 2, rambled on about profiling and prognosis markers and the lack of diagnosis ones.

My question 1 was actually kind of crap even though it was the easier material. Just blanked a bit on the biochemistry involved in metastasis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Pharm07

noelfirl wrote: »

Don't worry about the presentation at all, it's actually a very supportive atmosphere and none of the department will be out to get you too much unless you behave like a right fool.

And aside from that, I'm loving the poor guy in the RDS on the tannoy, it's either live each time (which would be very sad) or they've recorded a few variants, because it changes a bit now and then. "The doors to the exam hall are now open...". He sounds so bored.

Thanks hope it isnt as bad as im thinking. i dont wanna be a teacher or lecturer. the thought o stainding up there giving a presentation....scares the bejesus outta me.

I think the guy in the rds mite be live cos he makes a few mistakes now and again. I was in the study room a few days ago and she said, "there are no pens.....paper, books or mobile phones.......etc," kinda funny, everyone gota a nervous laugh out of that.

had advanced CNS today, katy o boyles mcqs were nasty, had to guess most opf them even though i spent ages trying to learn the stuff. hate that. but drug addicition and opthamology were grand. one left, FINALLY!!!

oh and has anyone seen the weather forecast..giving it to get colder and RAIN!!! typical.

just a matter of interest how long is the presentation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

The guy in the RDS reminds me of this guy from Ferris Beuller's Day Out:

teacher1.jpg

"Beuller? Beuller? Beuller? Beuller?"

Pharm07 wrote: »
    just a matter of interest how long is the presentation.

10 minutes speaking roughly then the lecturers will ask you questions on it for a few minutes - no big deal - it's on your thesis so you should know what you're on about. It's only worth about 3% as well.

What you should really dread is the week after your exams having to (possibly) come in and have an interview/chat with the external examiner (professor from Oxford this year) about your thesis and any other random topic from the course, fun.

I feel like I'm finished already, bah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I am...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

DaveMcG wrote: »

teacher1.jpg

"Beuller? Beuller? Beuller? Beuller?"

haahah... brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

He sounds a bit like a Dalek to me, tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Research MCQ: random but no negative marking and it was only worth 20%

Health, Illness and Society:A load of waffle but judging by the essay I did well in (despite there not being any sociological framework in) I think they're ok with that in sociology.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

dajaffa wrote: »
    Health, Illness and Society:A load of waffle but judging by the essay I did well in (despite there not being any sociological framework in) I think they're ok with that in sociology.
    Oh God, that sounds exactly like the Personal and Population Health rubbish they made us do in 1st Med. Can't believe they're still giving your year rubbish along the same lines!

Anyway, Principles of Infection went fine, very fair EMQs (well I was totally lost on the last section but I did completely ignore the lecture on protozoa so that was possibly why) and not only were the topics covered in the SAQs really predictable, the questions themselves were lovely too. My problem was waffling for too long in an effort to impress and running out of time a bit at the end. And for once my waffle was directly relevant to the question!

DaveMcG wrote: »

He reminds me more of:

"There is a child lodged in the tunnel of goats. Could we have a nurse to help remove the child from the tunnel of goats....

We now need a second nurse to assist as the first one we requested is lodged along with the child in the tunnel of goats. Thank you..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭stardust_dublin

what was with that health and illness exam? very disappointed. the major topics areas such as suicide, substance misuse, social class related to health etc, didnt even come up. totally random paper i thought, with stupid stupid questions that have no particular answer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Everybody slagging the head invigilator will be subject to disciplinary action:D:D

Was anybody there on Saturday morning when the guy started talking on the mike to everyone in the waiting/studying area?

The sound quality was crap so I could only hear a few things but he started off with "I want to reach out to you for a minute" followed a few more words and then he *definitely* said "that scumbag in the exam office" and some other things.

It was odd, did anyone else hear that, or was I still half asleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

tribulus wrote: »
    Was anybody there on Saturday morning when the guy started talking on the mike to everyone in the waiting/studying area?

The sound quality was crap so I could only hear a few things but he started off with "I want to reach out to you for a minute" followed a few more words and then he *definitely* said "that scumbag in the exam office" and some other things.

It was odd, did anyone else hear that, or was I still half asleep?

Pretty sure hes been doing that most days

:( That's a crushing blow, I thought he was reaching out to us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Well Qualitative Research didn't contain any surprises, one question exams are always handy too! 3 down, 3 to go!

Advertisement