Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian cookery course, Govinda's style

Options
  • 06-05-2008 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

Hey, I've just heard from Katayani again - she is going to hold another beginners class on Saturday 10th of May.

Katyayani holds beginners and advanced vegetarian cookery classes. Her number is 0861526502; please ring her with your enquiries.

I attended one of her classes a few weeks ago. Some of her recipes are used by Govindas, so that's hare krishna food that is being cooked. About 8 people attend, so it's a nice quiet class.

I know I mentioned her last three classes, but I was waiting years to hear about when she held classes so I could go, so I don't want anyone who is interested missing out! I promise I won't make another thread on it. I'll stick with this :)

Comments

Thanks!

I can't go this time either.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

ah! well, she seems to hold one every month. hopefully you'll get your chance.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Posts 666!

Katayani will be holding an advanced coorkery class on June 7th at 2pm (intended for those who have attended her beginners cookery course). Give her a ring if you are interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

There was a notice up in Govinda's Abbey Street about the beginners vegetarian cookery class this Saturday (July 5th) but I just rang and it is now not on until July 19th 2 – 6 pm.

Anyone interested should leave 20e per person deposit in an envelope behind the counter of Govinda’s Abbey Street marked for the attention of Katayani.

I think the Advanced Class is on July 12th.

• Advertisement

thanks for keeping everyone up to date Wayhey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Nice one, I think I might be able to go to it next Saturday, thanks for posting the date.

I went and found it quite good, but I didn't really like some of the dishes, some were way too salty for me and one was too sweet so when I make them myself I'm hoping they'll taste better.

If anyone hears of a beginners course coming up again, please post it up here I know some people who want to go - thanks!

Yeah, I found it the same when I was there - she added far more salt than I would. But as you say - do your own thing when you get home. I presume she is just used to eating a lot more salt in cooking, but no need for us to get used to this! Glad you enjoyed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hi, who's Katayani? What style of food is it and what area of the country please? :)

• Advertisement

Shes a Hare Krishna, she teaches other Hare Krishnas and Govindas chefs how to cook Hare Krishnas food ie vegitarian food with no onions, mushrooms or garlic. She also holds cookery classes for anyone interested in cooking vegitarian food

She holds the classes in Dublin

Hey, sorry I'm a bit late posting... Today (4th Oct) there was a beginners couse. Advanced session tomorrow (6th Oct).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jenniferchristy

Nice information. Keep us updated.

snip. no spam.

--
    Tar

• Registered Users Posts: 22 julesdub

Hi, I am new to Boards and I am wondering if anyone knows of any good vegetarian cookery courses coming up in the new year, preferably on the north side of Dublin or in the city centre? I would be grateful for any suggestions:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Orby

Hi Jules,

Blazing Salads in Drury Street, Cafe Fresh in Powerscourt both do veggie cookery courses on a pretty regular basis -not on North side but thought I'd mention them anyway. I've never done them as both seem to contain only recipes from their cookbooks both of which I own.
    I'd be very interested in doing course myself if there was a good one with plenty of vegan options..

• Registered Users Posts: 22 julesdub

Thanks a lot Orby, will investigate both of them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 veggimum

hi sweet-rasmus could you tell me if the recipes Katayani uses in her class are those that are in the book the higher taste? Many thanks

Veggimum - Haven't seen the book, so I couldn't tell you.

Orby - you may wish to check out the thread on the Christmas cooking class at Cafe Fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Just wondering does anyone know if these classes are still being held? I'd love to head along to one if they are.

Just text katayani and ask. I think they are still regularly held. Hope you enjoy as I did! Mmmmm yummy :)

• Advertisement

oh, just noticed that Katayani had an add for the food at the Karuna's Kitchen stand and for her cookery lessons in the latest Irish Vegetarian magazine from the vegetarian society of ireland. only realised cause it's her mobile no. on it, not her name. So she is deffo still running the classes :)

Advertisement