Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naiant Mics

Options
  • 06-05-2008 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience with these?

I cant help but feel you get what you pay for but I would love to be proven wrong. They seem to get very very good reviews. And If i dont go out for pints this weekend I can probably fill my cupboard with them for the same cash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

THIS might give you a bit of an idea. First link I checked on Google.

Seems to be getting decent reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I think he assembles them from off the shelf parts of other mics. Or am I totally wrong!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

You're not wrong per se, it is something of a cottage industry. But I have gotten excellent results with them in the past. Sadly, my mic technique is generally quite poor - I can rarely remember how I positioned mics to capture a certain sound. But yep, the naiants are great little mics. I can post a sound clip if that'd help?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

jayz man that would be great. I might order 2 Xqs and 2 Xts. Am i right in saying they seem to be the most versatile? They would be ideal for those gigs were you dont need a mic the size of a frying pan hanging over the singers head

sei046 wrote: »
    jayz man that would be great. I might order 2 Xqs and 2 Xts. Am i right in saying they seem to be the most versatile? They would be ideal for those gigs were you dont need a mic the size of a frying pan hanging over the singers head

I'll have to read up on them, the naming conventions changed quite recently, but the models are essentially the same. I'll try post something later today.

• Advertisement

great man. I like everything small! my studio, guitar rig, ego, manhood and definitely my mics. Makes it easier to get them into those sweet spots..............the mics...

I havmt forgotten you mate, the computer's acting up at the moment.

your alright

I think the project I had in mind for these might be an in the studio job now so my HD ideas are prob out the window! But i said screw it and ordered 2 X-Qs, 1 X-T, 3 X-Ss and a few other bits. Too darn cheap to let go! I havent read a bad review yet

http://www.soundclick.com/glasshouserecordings

Finally got around to this! Untreated room, budget dreadnought (though probably a solid top)

• Advertisement

Cheers man! They sound pretty good under the conditions! I ordered a few anyway so should be here in a week or two. Will post some samples

Advertisement