Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level 70, what now..?

Options
  • 06-05-2008 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Ok I freely admit to being a wow newbie. So I leveled to 70 for the first time recently. I have being just grinding honour now for the pvp gear. What else is out there to do? I have never been in a guild (at least a proper one) Most people talk about getting attuned for kara. I assume kara is an end level instance and you need standings to do it. I am a troll shaman, I respecced to resto as everyone says those are the most viable/sought after at 70. I basically have lots of 60+ gear and the Gladiator's salvation. I know how to get the pvp gear but what should I start doing to get PvE gear?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Defias+Brotherhood&n=Drast

Any and all tips are appreciated, as I said I consider myself a newbie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

You don't really need to get attuned to Kara any more, a fairly recent patch enabled you to get in as long as 1 person in your group had a key.
    Kara is a fairly balls hard 10 man raid, so unless you're well equipped and have found a decent group of people to play with (or better yet, a guild), I wouldn't go near it.
    Other people will be able to provide far more useful advice on your gear, as I know sweet feck all about shammies...
    Hell, I still consider myself to be a newbie and I've been at 70 for months now...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Once you hit 70, you spend most of your time in Shatt, wondering when the game stopped being fun...at least thats what keeps happening to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

For gear do the L70 instances (Shattered Halls, Steamvaults, Mechanar, Arcatraz, Botanica*). Or do any of the instances on Heroic mode. You'll get plenty of decent gear there. Also on Heroic mode all bosses drop Badges of Justice which you can use to get good gear from a vender in the centre of Shatt or on the Isle. They're all 5 mans so just pug them.

* you need a flying mount for the last three.

[edit]Just looked at your gear. Do the heroics and 70 instances - you'll need better crit and healing than you have now to be effective in Kara. For shammies Int > Spell Crit > * for PvE.

Do the level 70 instances a lot. then do them on heroic.
    kara ain't that hard (one of the easiest 70 raids I guess) if you have the guild and gear, but for you it will be. find a good guild with people you enjoy playing with. dont try it with randomers.

to attune to kara you just need to get the quest for it and do a few instances for the key. do it even if you're not going as those instances will be good for you anyway
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭nicryan

also...you still need to do the attunement quests if you want to be able to get the reputation ring and its upgrades....

Nic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Macros42 wrote: »

* you need a flying mount for the last three.

Not anymore, you can summon in Netherstorm now, so get a friendly lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Look for a guild that is well organished and farming Kara & maybe even gruul and Za. I would also look for a mature guild with members 16 or 18+.

Do what people are saying here, do more heroic's and get some nice drops along the way. I remember when i went to do my kara attunment i got my self some nice drops as well as my key for kara.

Kara is not all that hard. We send 4 to 5 groups to kara each week and i think all groups clear kara. Well apart from the group which could not summon nightbane :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Thanks for the replies, I just started up wow when I took a break from eve. I am having difficulty making the switch from elemental to resto. Battlegrounds have been somewhat of an adjustment.

Can I use my pvp gear in instances or will I need to get a separate set for pve?

Also I tried running as healer last night in mana vault/tomb last night was ok but i am not very mana efficient probably as I did it with my pvp build (which still needs tweaking).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Try this as a restoration spec. You'll also need to get rid of your green gear as well as your spell damage and replace with +healing gear. Easiest would be the PvP healing gear (Season 2 gear should be available soon) and this will do fine in lower level instances like Kara/Gruul/Magtheridon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

That is my spec atm. It is purely for pvp though. I just earth shield the tank and spam lesser healing wave. Maybe when I get my gear sorted to +healing...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Dailys, heroics, more dailys and a few more heroics untill you out of them greens and in full epics, only then should you try to attempt kara. Also, kara is one of the easiest lvl 70 raids. Or you could wait a few more weeks/months/years for wotlk to come out as the lvl 72/73 greens will be more badass then anything BT has.

Thats my plan anyway, get the green boe and flood AH with stupid prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Macros42 wrote: »
    [edit]Just looked at your gear. Do the heroics and 70 instances - you'll need better crit and healing than you have now to be effective in Kara. For shammies Int > Spell Crit > * for PvE.

its more like healing >= mp5(a balance of these two) > int > spell crit

only paladins should really be stacking crit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

oops - I'm an elemental shammy so I was thinking in dps terms :) healing > * indeed for a resto one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Kiith wrote: »
    Once you hit 70, you spend most of your time in Shatt, wondering when the game stopped being fun...at least thats what keeps happening to me.
    You're a casual mofo and always have been. the game has lots to offer at lvl 70. Theres loads of 25 man content atm including some that has yet to be cleared by anyone. Theres quite a bit of 5 man content and two 10 man instances. And theres lots to acheive in pvp.

You're a casual mofo and always have been. the game has lots to offer at lvl 70. Theres loads of 25 man content atm including some that has yet to be cleared by anyone. Theres quite a bit of 5 man content and two 10 man instances. And theres lots to acheive in pvp.
    I most definatly am casual, and will never, ever get the chance to see any of that 25 man content. People who are willing to spend hours (days/weeks/months) on end doing those instances probably do enjoy them, but as someone who can barely sit through a kara run, theres not alot to do at lvl70 once you run most of the 5-mans. And i generally get frustrated at doing the same instances over and over again. PvP is my new hope, as i'm gonna level my warlock up to 70. Maybe it will be different with a non-hybrid (i.e healing bitch) class, and i will enjoy running instances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Kiith wrote: »
    I most definatly am casual, and will never, ever get the chance to see any of that 25 man content. People who are willing to spend hours (days/weeks/months) on end doing those instances probably do enjoy them, but as someone who can barely sit through a kara run, theres not alot to do at lvl70 once you run most of the 5-mans. And i generally get frustrated at doing the same instances over and over again. PvP is my new hope, as i'm gonna level my warlock up to 70. Maybe it will be different with a non-hybrid (i.e healing bitch) class, and i will enjoy running instances.

Ya by reading what your saying i would try and get into the arena. A warlock is a good choice also & i would think will be fun in arena. Don't need to spend hours in arena like you do in kara or 25person raids. So it might suit your self.

well maggy and gruul can both be done in less time then it takes to do kara...that and there are guilds out there who, like you, don't like to spend hours in an instance and clear it in 1 night...

find one of those guilds :P

Nic

Anti wrote: »
    ...untill you out of them greens and in full epics, only then should you try to attempt kara. Also, kara is one of the easiest lvl 70 raids...

yeah it is one of the easiest lvl 70 raids...which is why you don't need full epics...you could prolly do it in full superior...

Nic

Ya, but im not sure i'd have the gear to do Gruul or Maggy (whatever that is). My characters name is Kiith on executus if you want to have a look at my armoury page. Also, i'm beginning to get a little bit bored of healing, so i think i will stick to my Warlock anyway.

whats with that glowing crystal insignia?...get yourself the icon of the silver crescent from the badge vendor in shatt...and your gear is fine for gruul and magtheridon (the dragon in the raid dungeon in hellfire citadel)

both of those fights are really just nub checks.

Nic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

He's not so much a dragon as a pit lord. But the rest of your information is correct, particularly your comment about Karazhan being the easiest (level 70) raid in the game and therefore not needing full epics. In fact I would rate Karazhan as easier than some heroics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ivan wrote: »
    He's not so much a dragon as a pit lord. But the rest of your information is correct, particularly your comment about Karazhan being the easiest (level 70) raid in the game and therefore not needing full epics. In fact I would rate Karazhan as easier than some heroics.

you serious ? Ive always found the heroics pretty easy, but i suppose i would as a dps class. It must be alot different for a support/healing/tank class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Yes, I'm serious. And heroics for dps are mindless repetition of your main nukes. Its only as a healer, tank or a support class (as you call it) that you would notice the difficulty scaling. I have done pretty much every heroic as a tank, healer or "support".

Hell, I've been doing Heroics since before you ever heard of World of Warcraft ;)
    Any heroic without the right set-up can be a nightmare and some are pretty difficult either way, but Karazhan needs 10 people making the chances you will be missing required classes very slim.

Heroic Hillsbrad is particularly tough for me as a Prot paladin, Sethek Halls can be nasty on certain pulls. Fears can result in chaining 4 packs together which means an instant, but epic, wipe.

Advertisement