Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HALO 3 console better than the rest?

• 06-05-2008 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

I am going to buy an xbox 360. was fairly settled on the normal pro console. but i've read that the halo 3 special edition console has the least chance of getting rrod out of all the xboxes because its the latest edition. its not that much more expensive than the pro so i'm thinking of going for it. just wanted to know was there really any adavntage to buying it other than it looking pretty cool?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

yeah well if you can get say your local gameshop or xtravision to let you look at the box and you see that its got HDMI printed on the side and if the PSU says something like 170Watt then you have the latest and greatest premium and save yourself a couple of Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I would guess it only appears to have the lowest failure rate because its a relatively rare model.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Just got one of these myself yesterday. Got a fairly good deal in xtra vison - bought the 299 deal with 4 games, only had the halo version so got it for that price and only forza 2 they had was with viva pinate (or something like that) with the wireless controller and had the play and charge kit in the halo 3pack too. I think the total was 587 but only 299 with the deal.

Anyway it has hdmi but must check out the 170w psu - was hoping the newer models would be quieter but cant have it all i spose.

Now I need to buy a memory card to get my save files off my bros 360 grrr :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

mailblaney wrote: »
    but i've read that the halo 3 special edition console has the least chance of getting rrod out of all the xboxes because its the latest edition. its not that much more expensive than the pro so i'm thinking of going for it.

When it was the latest edition it was the least likely to have the rrod and it was the first with HDMI. Now though all new Xboxes should have the same or later features so there's no need to look for the Halo one especially.

When you're buying it if it has the HDMI then it will be you'll see the HDMI logo at the back of the box. If it doesn't have that logo it's probably one of the earlier models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭mailblaney

cheers, very helpful!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I bought another one a few days ago and did research.
    Latest one should have HDMI, be over Lot 0735 and have power consumption of 170W. These ones have the new falcon chips and different drives but are only a little quieter.
    There's a sticker on side of box with lot no. and power rate. Manufacture date should be on it too, mine was Feb 08 so try get something similar.
    They will prob take box from behind counter so just look at it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

First time i ever saw the Halo 360 it was RROD'ing at my local harvey normans (hdmi model and all). Add to that I've had 2 Elites die on me and I'm of the opinion that the newer models are no less likely not to RROD than the older.

It's a numbers game, you could get lucky and you could get humped but if you don't have a gaming PC then the 360 is definitely worth the risk for the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

is all that on the cardboard box or do you need to look at the console itself?

Advertisement