Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA IV..... and the leaving cert!

Options
  • 06-05-2008 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

So, I refrained from buying the new PS3 game on its arrival, even though I have been eagerly awaiting its release date.The reason is quite simple.. I don't want it to affect my study;)! Although obviously, if I do get it I may get really really wound up in its story line and halt my studies but on the other hand, I think it could help.It could give me that little bit more of motivation, something to look forward to after studying hard.

What does everyone think! I'm in a frenzy here!!! :(:eek::cool::confused:

GTA IV - get it now!?? 10 votes

Yeh go on
    0% 0 votes
    This will be the end of your studies
    100% 10 votes

Comments

You have months upon months free after the LC. Just wait 'til then.

Will probably be cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Myth wrote: »
    You have months upon months free after the LC. Just wait 'til then.

Will probably be cheaper too.

Quoted for truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

How could it motivate you? It'd just distract you. It's too easy to get lost in a game. Of course, we all need a break from the studying, but can an old game not tide you over until after the exams? Something that you know you can put down when you need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Just buy it. Its a good way to relax after study. BTW Im in 6th year as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 slayerdiabolus

This is the exact reason I haven't gotten a PS3 yet, I'm waiting until my College exams are over in 3(ish) weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Pfft, PS3. :p

You've waited this long, it can't be too hard to wait just an extra fraction of the time. If you want a game you can pick up and play for a couple of minutes without being too distracted then get Sonic Rush (providing you have a DS)

Besides by the time you're done you'll be able to pick it up second hand for a lower price*.

*Just don't buy it from shops, the prices are terrible and the profit is ridiculous.
    360 FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

Id wait till after the LC if I was you. You'll have more time to fully enjoy it, and anyway it'll probably be another couple of weeks before you can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I'm in the same boat as you OP, and being honest, you should really wait that few more weeks. Because once you finish your exams you can guiltlessly play as much GTA as you want with the entire summer ahead of you.

Go get it now and you might end up beating yourself up about whether you should be playing it at all. I don't know what situation you're in points-wise but I'd rather wait the few weeks then get it now and maybe risk doing 6th year all over again

And like it was said above, the very same game will still be in the shops at the end of June

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

No wait until after. What's the rush? I'm not a big gamer but I also put off getting this game until after the LC. I'm really bad at getting motivated for studying and getting GTA at this stage will just give me an excuse not to.
    Wait until after the LC, you won't lose anything by waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

It's ****. Especially if you're not gonna get very much into it. My brother likes it, but he's on the dole. I started playing it and it's very boring, I don't even get a ****ing gun. You don't want it for study breaks imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I got it and it hasnt affected my study at all.You need to take a break,and its something to look forward to

Advertisement