Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

burma

• 06-05-2008 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

have flights from bangkok to burma, who do i contact etc? i don think it would be safe to go etc, flight is in six weeks..

any advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Myanmar Embassy

19 A Charles Street,
    London W1J 5DX

Telephone: +44 [0]207 499 8841

Unless you are planning on going over to volunteer you may have trouble getting in or around. The place looks leveled. You seen how long it took New Orleans to get back to normal and that is in one of the richest countries in the world. Burma is one of the poorest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

yea with the junta not helping or letting aid in could turn real nasty if people start getting even more pissed off..

think i will try change flight to maylasia... really wanted to see burma but ever since i planned to go the madness kicked off with the monks and now this, someone does not watn me to go to burma

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

The north east of India is very similar to Burma. Places like Assam and Megalaya. If you wanted to see that kind of place that might do it for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Burma appears to have been truly devastated by the cyclone. I really don't think this would be a good time to go visiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

It will take a long time for things to get back to normal in Burma - when i say normal, that may be misleading - i mean before the Cyclone

From a purely practical point of view, getting around is tough at the best of times in Burma so now that the little internal infrastructure they had is destroyed, getting from one place to another would be next to impossible

• Advertisement
Advertisement