Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Almera

Options
  • 06-05-2008 8:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭

I have a '96 Almera hatchback. It has alloy wheels and new tyres. I am thinking of switching to an '01 Almera. Anyone know if the wheels can be switched over from the old car to the newer one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Very likely. If the wheels have the same number of bolts, then almost certainly.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The other issue is that the standard size rim on the 2000 to 2007 Almera is bigger than those on the 1996 model. I would not recommend putting a smaller rim on the newer car to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

bazz26 wrote: »
    The other issue is that the standard size rim on the 2000 to 2007 Almera is bigger than those on the 1996 model. I would not recommend putting a smaller rim on the newer car to be honest.
    Rim might be larger, but tyres are probably lower profile, so circumference would probably be very similar?

Not your ornery onager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

Thanks for the advice re: switching alloy wheels/tyres from one car to another -not as straightforward as one might think. Anyway, I didn't buy the car, it was an import, and had been crashed and patched up. Lucky escape!

Advertisement