Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stv strikes again

Options
  • 06-05-2008 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭

Who is this idiot stv? The cretin who is scrawling his 'signature' all over Sligo town. Does he (presuming it's a male culprit) think he is a graffiti artist or something?. I would love to catch him at it some night and leave the imprint of my boot on his arse. This is the same stv who defaced the Lady Erin monument a few months ago. If he could at least create some more imaginative and colourful pieces of art-like graffiti like in London or some continental cities in more appropriate sites ...that would be something although I suspect this would be beyond him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Jabby wrote: »
    Who is this idiot stv? The creton who is scrawling his 'signature' all over Sligo town. Does he (presuming it's a male culprit) think he is a graffiti artist or something?. I would love to catch him at it some night and leave the imprint of my boot on his arse. This is the same stv who defaced the Lady Erin monument a few months ago. If he could at least create some more imaginative and colourful pieces of art-like graffiti like in London or some continental cities in more appropriate sites ...that would be something although I suspect this would be beyond him.

He's a legend. Never was there a more rubbish graffitti artist. He's right up there with Aine.

Aine & Stv - Sligos Pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

magnumlady wrote: »

The top part looks like his scrawl alright but I doubt if he was capable of the bottom part... He might have recruited his little brother to do that part for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Hmmm.. he's not exactly Banksy, is he?!

new-banksy.jpg

18banksy_450x300.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

I love Banksy! I quite like graffiti, if it's well done of course.

• Advertisement

Banksy's stuff is seriously cool. He's up on a par with Damien Hirst.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I think his work is excellent

STV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Macroom Man

Who is this idiot stv? The cretin who is scrawling his 'signature' all over Sligo town. Does he (presuming it's a male culprit) think he is a graffiti artist or something?. I would love to catch him at it some night and leave the imprint of my boot on his arse. This is the same stv who defaced the Lady Erin monument a few months ago. If he could at least create some more imaginative and colourful pieces of art-like graffiti like in London or some continental cities in more appropriate sites ...that would be something although I suspect this would be beyond him.

I would love to catch him at it some night and leave the imprint of my boot on his arse

Yeah, you and whose army? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I would love to catch him at it some night and leave the imprint of my boot on his arse

Yeah, you and whose army? :cool:
    Careful now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Yet again Sligo does its best to revamp the town into something to be proud of for visitors and residents, until some tosser comes along and defaces it with pointless useless grafitti that does nothing but destroy the town.:mad:

Way to go STV.... Tw@!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Would STV be his initials or his graffiti name?
    Maybe his name is Steve.

Would STV be his initials or his graffiti name?
    Maybe his name is Steve.

And he has a vowel aversion disorder. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Maybe he has a Sexually Transmitted.....

Lisp?

Vivease?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

MikeySligo wrote: »
    Maybe he has a Sexually Transmitted.....

nah

that'd require him to be getting some

boy's a virgin and things aren't looking up, how else can you explain the frustrated scrawling of his mark on every bit of town?

Xiney wrote: »
    nah

that'd require him to be getting some

boy's a virgin and things aren't looking up, how else can you explain the frustrated scrawling of his mark on every bit of town?

lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Boo! Personal abuse - graffiti artists have feelings too!

Deep ones too...

dreams.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

There is a huge gap between what we see sprayed on the walls over ireland and art. Calling most people who spray graffiti "artists" is a bit of a stretch of the imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

People mocked Banksy when he started too y'know!

• Advertisement

People mocked Banksy when he started too y'know!

banksy-parka.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

in fact banksy didnt make it as an artist and so turned to grafitti.he is deadly,absolutely brilliant,plus a lot of his work has many deep political meanings.

you cannot compare sum1 hu sprays his name on a wall to him:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Does anyone know exactly where some of his "work" is? I want to get a look!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

he's defaced plenty of stuff on the corner of the Mall and Connaughton road.

Other than that I can't say I've noticed too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

He's everywhere.
    Everywhere.

F'in arsehole too.

What the arse is he achieving by writing STV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

What the arse is he achieving by writing STV?

Possibly a feeling of self fulfilment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bob1950

I think you people have little else to be doing.if you are that concerned about it then go and clean it up and stop moaning :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

bob1950 wrote: »
    I think you people have little else to be doing.if you are that concerned about it then go and clean it up and stop moaning :eek:
    So you registered just to make that comment.

If you haven't already noticed this is a discussion forum and everyone is entitled to their say. Comments about people "moaning" are unhelpful.

Maybe you would take a minute and read the charter before you post again please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bob1950

It doesnt look like stv to me.More like sos.Maybe it means save our statue:D . The picture is at the bottom of the page on the link provided.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://franklludwig.com/catalogue/Lady%2520Erin.jpg&imgrefurl=http://franklludwig.com/xsligo1.html&h=500&w=375&sz=27&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=-BpMx6CW80zmBM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=98&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlady%2Berin%2Bsligo%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:*:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7GGIK%26sa%3DN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

The graffiti on the statue has been cleaned off now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement