Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stv strikes again

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

bob1950 wrote: »

The grafitti on the statue is gone, but thats nothing to do with this pratt. The sig 'STV' is pointlessly all over the town defacing our landmarks

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

I have it on good authority, the local authority that is, that STV is not a person but a bunch of arseho*es that have given themselves the title of, and wait for it, Sligo Town Vandals! Really. Should be flogged and brought to gallows hill. The same local civil servant has told me that the cops are sure that the p**cks are responsible for the amputation of our lovely Lady Erins limbs.

Melted plastic should be dripped into their eyes:mad:

I have it on good authority, the local authority that is, that STV is not a person but a bunch of arseho*es that have given themselves the title of, and wait for it, Sligo Town Vandals! Really. Should be flogged and brought to gallows hill. The same local civil servant has told me that the cops are sure that the p**cks are responsible for the amputation of our lovely Lady Erins limbs.

And the award for the most rubbishly uncreative name for a group of twats goes to........ STV. Fuppin Baxtards!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Flogged and brought to Gallows Hill? To make them go to Summerhill or become civil sevants?:D I'm not fussy. Hanging them from a lamp post would do fine:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 loki 2k8

cop on, stv are amazing! graffiti is an art not a crime. maybe some of their work isn't so good but still. it would help if you posted pictures on the site of stv and you can rate it then.:D munk is also amazing on the mall.

• Advertisement

loki 2k8 wrote: »
    cop on, stv are amazing! graffiti is an art not a crime.

You registered just to say that? Grafitti on public property is vandalism, and vandalism is a crime, it defaces landmarks in the town.

So do you mean to tell me that you would love it if you had just painted the wall of your house and someone came and spray painted STV or some other moronic scribblings on it? I think you need to cop on.

Go troll somewhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

loki banned for trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

loki 2k8 wrote: »
    munk is also amazing on the mall.
    .....who the hell is "munk"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

.....who the hell is "munk"?

A Dublin crime lord?

Oh no, wrong guy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

sueme wrote: »
    A Dublin crime lord?

Oh no, wrong guy...
    Nah, I reckon it's Tony Shalhoub.

be5xer.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

How do you know if he was trolling or if he was joking :confused:

He registered just to post that - my troll detector still needs some calibrating to be sure, but it did go ding ding ding

I thought about it before I posted that before, I can't see any other reason to have posted it other than trolling. If they were joking the would have used :D,;),or:)

Has anyone looked at the bebo site - its head in hands crap.

/there goes my walls...

sueme wrote: »
    Has anyone looked at the bebo site - its head in hands crap.

/there goes my walls...

Is there a linky?

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Is there a linky?

Apologies, for not providing and the content:

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4541118916

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Graffiti can be interesting if its done well and if its not defacing something significant, which isn't the case with these stv spas.

Graffiti can be interesting if its done well and if its not defacing something significant, which isn't the case with these stv spas.

I agree. These are obviously young lads/lassies who are interested in the *cough* art, this should be encouraged, but p**ing off the town with their disrespect for property is not the way to do it.

Even if Banksy were to come here and do something remarkable on some of the places these lads have tagged (get me with the lingo!) people wouldn't be impressed. Lady Erin is lovely the way she is (was), Banksy, et all, need to consider other people. But hey, I'm not sure I did at that age either.

Yeah agree with that. Afaik banksy (and any other street artist of repute) sticks to disused buildings, bland walls of no importance, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Does anyone remember the pictures on the wall along St Annes? I've not been over there in years so don't know if the pictures are still there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

takola wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the pictures on the wall along St Annes? I've not been over there in years so don't know if the pictures are still there?

They were the Flinstones weren't they? As far as I can remember, one of the staff at St Anne's and a group of small kids painted them on a 'People in Need' paintathon in one day about 10 years ago.
    I always admired them when passing although I did think they needed a bit of a touch up lately.

This is very right, and the minute STV starts doing stuff like this or this (both in Montreal) then credit where credit is due.

But otherwise, they're w*nktards.

I'm at St Annes every week and I can't for the life of me remember if the murals are still there! :o They were up until recently, but they are having a lot of work done so maybe they have been removed.

The MCR centre also had a similar thing, which was done with the youth group, in an area where it wasn't bothering anyone.

In London, I used to have to walk through a load of underpasses to get to work and there was some really good stuff back then (in the 1700s). Somewhere like that is great, an area which is basically just bare concrete could be "handed over" to kids who want to do this.

They don't make underpasses anymore afaik, as too many people were mugged and murdered while standing admiring the graffiti...

Jabby wrote: »
    They were the Flinstones weren't they? As far as I can remember, one of the staff at St Anne's and a group of small kids painted them on a 'People in Need' paintathon in one day about 10 years ago.
    I always admired them when passing although I did think they needed a bit of a touch up lately.

Yeah that was them. I always admired them too. They were cool!

Xiney wrote: »
    This is very right, and the minute STV starts doing stuff like this or this (both in Montreal) then credit where credit is due.

that is freaking awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Xiney wrote: »

Down with anime. If I woke up to find my house manga'd like that, I'd go on a murderous rampage.
    And sueme, did you mean 1700's? Because that'd be really cool if you were a vampire and over 300 years old:D

well, those particular artworks are about 10-15 years old, so they were done when manga was just getting very popular in North America. They were at the bleeding edge at the time.

And the first one isn't so much anime as it is graphic novel.... in any case it's better than scrawling a few poorly written letters on every stone wall in town!

il gatto wrote: »
    And sueme, did you mean 1700's? Because that'd be really cool if you were a vampire and over 300 years old:D

I was at Hardagons original opening night. Class night.

On Topic: Down with graffiti.

Oh we just love the more pleasant members of Sligo's forum.

Recey banned. Permanently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

takola wrote: »
    Oh we just love the more pleasant members of Sligo's forum.

Recey banned. Permanently.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement