Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cancellation

Options
  • 06-05-2008 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

My driving test with SGS in Cork was cancelled with 3 weeks to go without any reason being given, I have been given a new reference number and must ring to arrange a new test, anybody here know what length of delay will occer and can I now insist on being but on a cancellation list.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

The same thing happened to me (little island sgs) and when i rang them they were really helpful gave me a cancellation so in all i was only waiting 8 days longer for my test

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

kenny11 wrote: »
    anybody here know what length of delay will occer and can I now insist on being but on a cancellation list
    You will be prioritised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭kenny11

many thanks for the quick replies

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

I've heard of them cancelling tests on friday for the following monday, seems they run the staff allocation very tight, any little hicup and its on to the phones to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

DannyBuoy wrote: »
    seems they run the staff allocation very tight, any little hicup and its on to the phones to cancel.
    In fairness I suppose otherwise they would have testers sitting around doing nothing as there is always a certain amount of 'no shows' anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

In fairness I suppose otherwise they would have testers sitting around doing nothing as there is always a certain amount of 'no shows' anyway.

Fair point, but doesn't make it any easier to take for the person who has booked a day off work and an instructors car to do the test, as happened my girlfriend's brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

This happened to me 3 weeks ago -- not friendly, not helpful -- it was cancelled and they told me this when I arrived to do the test -- called me in and said they couldn't do it and to call to be rearranged, no reason given when I asked, just directed me to the phone number.

I rang, explained about the cancellation, asked why and when I could be rescheduled -- didn't know why and the rescheduled me for JUNE. Which was 8 weeks away.... ridiculous, I'd taken a day off work to do the bloody thing, no apologies or anything. Asked could I make a complain and they didn't know what to do, promised to send out a form and nothing ever arrived. Also told they'd call me if there were any cancellations and I didn't hear a thing, quite annoyed about the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

smiles wrote: »
    This happened to me 3 weeks ago -- not friendly, not helpful -- it was cancelled and they told me this when I arrived to do the test -- called me in and said they couldn't do it and to call to be rearranged, no reason given when I asked, just directed me to the phone number.

I rang, explained about the cancellation, asked why and when I could be rescheduled -- didn't know why and the rescheduled me for JUNE. Which was 8 weeks away.... ridiculous, I'd taken a day off work to do the bloody thing, no apologies or anything. Asked could I make a complain and they didn't know what to do, promised to send out a form and nothing ever arrived. Also told they'd call me if there were any cancellations and I didn't hear a thing, quite annoyed about the whole thing.
    It was totally different with me, they were all apologies told me I could claim back any costs incurred ie. hire of instructors car, loss of earnings etc and gave me a choice of dates and times to choose from I guess it just depends on the person you're talking to.

Advertisement