Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficult missions

• 06-05-2008 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

ok I think snow storm and also the mission where youve to take out the union guys are too hard..im tempted to use cheats if there are any??

Its just i know ill evetually get them (maybe never snow storm when the police arrive ) its just they take waaaaaay to long to get there and its very very frustrating

any ideas , opinions??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Did these two missions last night and they are a bit of a step up, but I got through the union one on the first go - cover and gernades will get you through, with a bit of SMG action. Snow Storm took three or four attempts, but just take it slow (use your sniper rifle at the start, and then use cover) and it isn't too bad. Snow Storm spoilers:
    When the police show up, just run through all guns a blazing (armour in the last room will get you through) and hop into the truck parked outside and floor it to the pay 'n spray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Union one i didnt go into the site till i picked off a few more with sniper, stay in cover and you waltz it.

Snow storm was handy enough crouch cover and kill.
    Hostile negiations and 3 leaf clover
    are fricking hard, good luck with them

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Trapattoni

Cheers Johnny - i just did the union one there wasnt too bad - what happens when the swat arrive for snow storm?? do you stay to kill them? do they keep coming? i tried to run and i was shot dead in a second

should i read your spoilers to help no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

My tactics for Snow Storm were pretty much exactly the same as johnny's (the following only contains spoilers for that mission)
    Just take it nice and slow at the start, pick off as many people as you can with the sniper rifle before you even enter the building, and take your time inside as well.
    If all goes well, you should have full health and armor by the time you've cleared the building. Grab the case and then just leg it back out the way you came in (tap the run button for sprint if you're not already doing that)
    Hop in the truck to your left as you exit and get to the pay and spray asap

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Trapattoni wrote: »

should i read your spoilers to help no?

Spoilers are just some hints - if you are on the mission its grand to read them! Tman has a very similiar explanation ^^^ too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Snow Storm was a little tricky once the swat team came,i got lost in the building & got shot dead on the first attempt,on the 2nd i made a marker on the entrance and ran my socks off til i got to a car and floored it til out of the cops way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I find the Final Interview one very hard. I recommend crouch behind something and using the pistols with headshots when in gunfights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I found the Snow Storm mission very hard.It took me ages to complete it.I failed the Union one the 1st time,but I had accidently skipped the cutscene and went straight in without taking out the snipers.Lost a load of health and then at the end,tried to throw a grenade,and it ended up rebounding off a wall and blowing me up.

3 leaf clover is too fun to be hard.I found myself dieing at the end so I could go back and do the mission again

How do you put in the spoiler tags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

i had some problems with the union one, but i figured i could climb the cranes, so i went up there and used the sniper to take out the leaders.
    also, when the helicopter gets there if you sniper the pilot the helicopter will explode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Unearthly

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Hostile negiations and 3 leaf clover
    are fricking hard, good luck with them

kdjac

I got to the part where you had to lose the police on 3 stars in 3 leaf clover but had a crappy van and they had shot a few of the wheels out so wasn't able to get far, tried to escape on foot looking for another car but got quickly shot down. Mad annoying. Completed it on my 2nd turn though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

titan18 wrote: »
    How do you put in the spoiler tags

[spoiler.] put your spoiler text here [/spoiler.]
    Do the above, but without the full stops at the end of each spoiler

3 leaf clover
    was definitely one of my fave missions, I managed to cock it up by not losing my wanted level before the end though... Would've finished it easily enough if I'd gone to a pay & spray instead of straight to Packie's Ma's gaff.
    Was glad in a way though, as it meant I got to play through it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I've probably found this the easiest GTA in terms of missions so far though. I remember being stuck for ages on certain Vice City and San Andreas missions.

Probably cause of the new cover option in combat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Unearthly wrote: »
    I've probably found this the easiest GTA in terms of missions so far though. I remember being stuck for ages on certain Vice City and San Andreas missions.

Probably cause of the new cover option in combat

Ya,I agree,the missions in ths game arent that hard.Nothing compared to the flight school in San Andreas or the last mission in it,which was just annoyingly hard.Theres nothing in this game,that makes you want to smash the controller off the wall.

Thanks Tman btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, without the cover system I'd be boned in most of these missions.

Another tip for snow storm:
    After you snipe all the guys you can from the outside, if you walk around the side of the building there's a ladder you can use to enter on the 2nd floor. There will be a guy waiting at the top. Kill him and a couple of other muppets on that floor and you can easily take out everyone else down below. Shoot the red gas tanks for explosive fun. Replenish your armour in the room with the coke if you need to, then leg it from the police. I just drove away in the truck, didn't need to pay and spray.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

cian1500ww wrote: »
    I find the Final Interview one very hard. I recommend crouch behind something and using the pistols with headshots when in gunfights.

Just clear out as many of the cops as you can and run out the door and across the road. Around the back of the big truck there are 2 more cops and an entrance to the subway. clear the cops out of the stairway and walk down the tracks til you get out of the cop-zone circle thing [?] Once I was in the subway station they didn't follow me. Watch out for trains though =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Never used pay and spray for any escape, plot a way to a highway then floor it.

Works every time.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I did Destruct for Beginners on the second go [first time I was using the car for cover right at the start and the damn thing blew up!] As a prev poster said, AK-47 and Cover are your friend. I also used the sniper rifle to get the hard to get lads [and also lads at great distance]. It was not that hard..
    [I found chasing down the lad on the bike, in the second part of that mission harder tbh - as I was using the nearby power bike and got knocked off it about 4 times and was about throw controller against wall before I got lucky and a sports car stopped in front of me at lights!]

I did snowstorm once last night, getting in and getting the drugs were easy tbh and I tried to be smart and just ran into the water [which works for 2 star wanted levels] but since your on a 3 star wanted level the boat police were also out to get me! d'oh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Anybody else on this one??
    "No way on the subway" - Trying to chase 2 bikers through a subway tunnel on a bike with oncoming trains to worry about. Tried it about 4 times last night and have no problem turning the closest biker into a bullet warmer, but the other guy seems to be made of titanium!! I will kill him tonight though!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Haven't finished the game yet but so far the game is a piece of pi$$, i expect it to get harder though

zero19 wrote: »
    Haven't finished the game yet but so far the game is a piece of pi$$, i expect it to get harder though

What mission are you on?? (Use spoiler tags ;) ). Believe me it does get harder...a lot harder...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

DarkJager wrote: »
    Anybody else on this one??
    "No way on the subway" - Trying to chase 2 bikers through a subway tunnel on a bike with oncoming trains to worry about. Tried it about 4 times last night and have no problem turning the closest biker into a bullet warmer, but the other guy seems to be made of titanium!! I will kill him tonight though!!!
    I think he's impossible to kill for most of the chase, iirc you need to just keep following him, you come out of a tunnel and drive out the side of a train station, he goes off up another road and I think you can kill him then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Argh, for some reason I'm having quite a bit of trouble with the Ruff Rider mission. I know I'll get it eventually, but still a pain in the arse. Anyone else find it tricky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

thought that the union mission was ok, am struggling on the mission for Dwane were u have to clear out the managers from the strip club tho,

agree about the flight school missions in san andreas, they were no fun at all :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

blaze1 wrote: »
    thought that the union mission was ok, am struggling on the mission for Dwane were u have to clear out the managers from the strip club tho,

agree about the flight school missions in san andreas, they were no fun at all :-P

I struggled for a bit on that one too, took me a few attempts. Best way is to
    just buy body armour, go in, kill the guy in the office, then run through as hard as you can killing anyone in your way as you run, out the back door where the other two will be trying to escape in a 4x4. You can then follow them and kill them handy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I just complete the game and I thought the hardest (and best) mission by far was Three Leaf Clover. Though a lot of the later missions throw a lot more enemies at you, I guess I was just used to it by then whereas Three Leaf Clover was the game's first really big mission.

I thought San Andreas had better and more challenging missions overall, GTA IV seemed to run out of ideas and just keep throwing additional enemies at you as it went on - San Andreas on the other hand was constantly upping the ante with new equipment and new situations and concepts.

Not that GTA IV disappointed, what it lacked in challenge it made up for with story telling I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Im stuck on a mission you do for dwayne.

Its called undress to kill. Help.
    Theres about 6 diffrent missions i can do instead of this one but im stubborn and dont want to leave it and come back.Somethimes i get killed. Other times one of the Douce bags goes out the back of the club and gets away. Advice welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Snow Storm was quite difficult tbh. Took me a few tries. After failing it for the first time, I drove there on a bike.....killed everyone, didn't pick up the package but drove the bike in and had it facing towards the exit. Burnt out of their on my wheels, got around to the bridge and some cop knocked me off and I died upon hitting the ground. :p

When I actually passed it, I killed everyone, again didn't pick up the package, went off and sniped some guy driving a speed boat. Picked the boat up and parked it at the jetty just beside the old hospital. Picked up the package and just burnt off in the boat. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Is Final Interview the one where you've to assassinate the lawyer? I found that one quite easy.
    When you pop him in the head, one of the windows behind him shatters. Instead of fighting your way back down the hall and out the front door of the building, you can jump through the window and sprint out of the police circle before they get anywhere near you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

RAIN wrote: »

Theres about 6 diffrent missions i can do instead of this one but im stubborn and dont want to leave it and come back.Somethimes i get killed. Other times one of the Douce bags goes out the back of the club and gets away. Advice welcome!

Go in. Don't bother looking for all the managers to kill. There's one in an office to your left immediately after walking into the main strip club area. Kill him and then leg it back outside and get in a car. The other 2 will have driven away, you don't need to actually find them in the club. Chase the managers down, kill them, the end.

Can't see any other way of doing this, as soon as you raise a weapon in the club absolutely everybody in there tries to kill you.

• Advertisement

RAIN wrote: »

Start in the front of the club and just keep moving through with guns blazing. Try to keep firing at all times and avoid using cover as this will slow you down and the managers will escape to the vehicle. If you do it right, you should be able to kill all of the managers inside the club.

Advertisement