Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficult missions

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

They way I got through Snow Storm was to drive to the very back of the building first and run over as many bad guys as possible on the way, I think I remember there being at least two at the entrance.

At the very back of the building there's a ladder which I climbed up to get on the upper floor, took out one or two bad guys on that level then jumped down and grenaded the hell out of the two dudes in the room with the dope.
    Once in possession of the dope I ran back into the room at the very back of the house (the one I jumped down into), no cops or bad guys come in for about 2 or 3 minutes, which gives you time to jump up on the big wooden cable wrap thing farthest from the door, which then allows you to grab onto the wooden beams above.

Then all you need to do is walk along that very slowly, only tapping the LS as you go, then hop out the window on the back wall, back into the car you would have left there and just floor it, to Pay & Spray or highway, either way it was fairly easy to do it this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Go in. Don't bother looking for all the managers to kill. There's one in an office to your left immediately after walking into the main strip club area. Kill him and then leg it back outside and get in a car. The other 2 will have driven away, you don't need to actually find them in the club. Chase the managers down, kill them, the end.

Can't see any other way of doing this, as soon as you raise a weapon in the club absolutely everybody in there tries to kill you.

Thanks

I never thought of just killing the first guy and running back out.

The last time i tried i parked an ambulance and a fire truck at the back door:D
    was full sure i was being clever but when i ran out they were both on fire and blew up as i ran past???Last thing i saw was the manager tearing up the road.

Im gna try that tactic tonight. If you start at the back of the club its suicide,no cover and all the bouncers crowd around the doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

RAIN wrote: »
    Thanks

I never thought of just killing the first guy and running back out.

The last time i tried i parked an ambulance and a fire truck at the back door:D
    was full sure i was being clever but when i ran out they were both on fire and blew up as i ran past???Last thing i saw was the manager tearing up the road.

Im gna try that tactic tonight. If you start at the back of the club its suicide,no cover and all the bouncers crowd around the doors.

I used grenades to clear 85% of the room and then plugged the remainder with me AK. Took about 4 attempts though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i just used the bar as cover and took the shooters out 1 at a time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

In any mission where you are indoors you can take your time, as escapees only drive off as soon as you leave the building. Otherwise you would constantly be failing missions, as firefights can become long winded. There is a tip for any mission that starts indoors and finishes in a chase. If you find a rpg pick up on the map that can be used to eliminate escapees as soon as you see em;). BTW, if anyone has found a rpg location pm me please. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Snow storm tip
    before you pick up the bag, walk your escape route so you know exactly where you going, once you get to the truck your free floor it off the island once ont he bridge your wanted level is gone.

Undress mission tip.
    Grenades
    i got them all before they left the club fairly easy.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 JohnG2176

Tip for snow storm,
    after you pick up the package, take cover behind the blue box facing the door, as the swat team come through,gun them down, wait here taking them out until cops with different uniforms start coming, i presume these are the guys outside the building, then make a dash for the truck and head for the pay'n'spray.

For undress to kill,
    park a vehicle up against the back door before you enter the club, when you take out the manager in the office, the other two can't get out the back and run straight to you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Go in. Don't bother looking for all the managers to kill. There's one in an office to your left immediately after walking into the main strip club area. Kill him and then leg it back outside and get in a car. The other 2 will have driven away, you don't need to actually find them in the club. Chase the managers down, kill them, the end.

Can't see any other way of doing this, as soon as you raise a weapon in the club absolutely everybody in there tries to kill you.

Tried it this way and it worked a charm! Its the only questionable mission iv done so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Branoic wrote: »
    Is Final Interview the one where you've to assassinate the lawyer? I found that one quite easy.
    When you pop him in the head, one of the windows behind him shatters. Instead of fighting your way back down the hall and out the front door of the building, you can jump through the window and sprint out of the police circle before they get anywhere near you.

There's an easier way to do that mission.
    where you have to kill the lawyer. Kill him with a knife and jump out the window, the cops are only alerted when the secretary hears the gunshot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

In any mission where you are indoors you can take your time, as escapees only drive off as soon as you leave the building. Otherwise you would constantly be failing missions, as firefights can become long winded. There is a tip for any mission that starts indoors and finishes in a chase. If you find a rpg pick up on the map that can be used to eliminate escapees as soon as you see em;). BTW, if anyone has found a rpg location pm me please. Cheers.

No point in PMing as everyone can get it, North of the middle island is a small island about 100 yards into the sea, one on top of it.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

for the strip club, kill the first guy with a bat or knife, shotgun the guy getting a private dance,by the time i got out the third guy was trying to pull away in his car but i shot out his tires with some quick action and he didnt get too far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

spoilers below

ive completed the game and I think the two stand out missions in terms of difficulty were

1) the snow storm- losing the cops after nicking the coke i found so difficult. something ALWAYS went wrong, like id flip my car just as I was about to escape etc. took me like 5 attempts

2) the mission where you have to go into the hospital and kill the rat in the ER dept. Easy enough to break into the ER and take the informer out, but getting BACK out of the hospital was the tricky bit. I was literally ploughing through the cops and ended up with a 4 star wanted level. Took me like 20 mins of just driving around to lose them. I eventually got on a bike and went down into the subway and just went full throttle along the tracks. :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played Three Leaf Clover last night and was expecting to be there all night after reading this thread! But only took three attempts (and those two times were due to me
    accidentally murderising my teammates, and not realising I had to lose my wanted level
    ) and turned out to be the most intense and fun mission yet. Great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Found Snow Storm not that difficult, got it done on my second go. What I did was when I arrived I used the ladder around the back, lobbed a few grenades while I was still on top and then went to the room with the coke after lobbing a grenade in there as well. Once you pick it up dont bother shooting the cops (if youve armour), just leg it down the corrider and be ready to go to the right out and out, where theres a jeep waiting. Once youre on the bridge just floor it.

Three Leaf Clover is much harder though!

I did'nt really find any hard tbh. There was a few where i was shotting cars and blowing them up when i should have just followed but that was the majority of it.

Took about 3 goes of the last mission but that because at first
    i didnt get on the bike, thinking that the other boat was'nt meant to flip
    and the other two times
    i missed the ramp at the ned of the beach to catch onto the chopper

Apart from that it just was a second attempt here and there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

The bank job. 'Three leaf clover' or something. That was the hardest i've played.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

So far im finding the mission Paper Trail extremely hard and frustrating, as soon as i get into the helicopter the mission is failed within seconds and the helicopter is soooooo hard to control

Completed it after about 15 attempts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I found the hardest one to be the last one. Had to repeat it several times. THought I'd never get the game finished. Lost the 30 hour achievement because of it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I had desperate trouble with Undress to Kill until I stumbled on the solution others have proffered and parked a large truck at the back. The other 2 managers came running back at me, and as soon as I popped them, the alert stopped and I was able to make a leisurely escape from the place. Does anyone know can I go back as normal to the Triangle Club after for some er relief?

I've had just one go at 3 Leaf Clover and I cocked it up by just running away as fast as I can :D

I also had to do Dwayne's Ruff Rider far too many fecking times, as I kept losing the biker but at least so far the missions are not getting annoying on replay - I remember losing my rag quite a few times with Vice City et al when I had to play a dumb mission over and over and over because some random thing happened that made me fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Out of commision - 5 attempts already but that bastard Pegorino is still juist blowing me out of the sky. Think I'm near the end of the mission but gettin a bit tired of only getting that far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Markvtos

Re: Snow storm
    There is an easier way to escape the cops at the end, instead of taking the van, you can escape by boat. When you exit the front door of the building that the mission takes place you should see the water straight ahead. walk to it, and slightly to the right is a boat. This boat is always there. and if there is anything i've learned from GTA4 it's that escaping on boat is way easier then escaping by car.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Markvtos wrote: »
    Re: Snow storm
    There is an easier way to escape the cops at the end, instead of taking the van, you can escape by boat. When you exit the front door of the building that the mission takes place you should see the water straight ahead. walk to it, and slightly to the right is a boat. This boat is always there. and if there is anything i've learned from GTA4 it's that escaping on boat is way easier then escaping by car.
    Exactly what I was gonna say: :D
    Make sure you kill everyone before taking the package, and make sure to fill up on health (there's plenty lying around the house) and armour (same room as package). Then finally practice your escape. Make sure you know exactly where you're going. Now get the package. Kill the first few NOOSE/SWAT guys using the cover system. Then floor gun it for the exit, sprinting all the way. When you get to the door, Make a right, and go through the hole in the fence. Now sprint straight for the water, and drop down. With a bit of luck you'll land in a convenient speedboat. If you miss it, just quickly swim toward it, and hop in. Now head south for open water, keeping an eye on the radar for lone police boats.

Easy.

Advertisement