Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom/UTV blanchardstown sync problems?

Options
  • 06-05-2008 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been having problems recently with a 3MB DSL line off the Blanchardstown exchange. It randomly drops the connection (loses sync), and dies.

We've asked UTV about it and I asked a friend working in eircom support to test the line, both say theres no problems that they're aware of. The modem syncs perfectly at 3072kbps most of the time, dies for a few minutes (in one or two cases longer - a couple of hours), and randomly comes back. We've rebuilt the whole phone network in the house since this started happening, so it's very unlikely to be a problem with internal wiring. Also tried a couple of different modems.

Just wondering is anybody else in this area having similar problems? Or is it just me?:confused:

Thanks
    -Andrew

Advertisement