Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Ireland Grants

Options
  • 06-05-2008 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

hey does anyone know anything about enterprise ireland's (or indeed any of the local enterprise boards) grant scheme?

i'm planning a small startup business and am pretty much looking for an help anyone can give me.

any help sent this way would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

You don't give much detail about what area of business you are in but I will tell you what I can.

Your first port of call is to contact your local EI office and enquire about a Feasibility Study grant. This grant is mainly for what EI term as High Potential Start Up, for a business that (as it says on the tin) has a high potential for large growth and good return on investment.

Anything to do with exporting goods from Ireland is also something that interests EI.

Another area they look at is anything using new technology or existing technology in an innovative way.

You will need to provide a rough plan of what your business will be and where you will pitch yourself in the market place (and why your company will stand out from the crowd)

EI will give you some info on what you can and can't claim for and it will be up to you to document how much you are looking for and what it will spent on. The way it works is EI will refund 50% of your costs so if your overall budget is for 20k then EI will (if you are approved) refund you 10k of your expenditure during your study period.

Have a look around the EI website for more details.

Be prepared to do a LOT of paperwork.

As I said, you don't give us any details of the area of business you are in so you will need to be involved in something that gets EI interested and they are willing to invest in.

If you go in there telling them you are a plumber or florist or something and you want a grant for your new business then I think you will be shown the door fairly quickly.

Good Luck.

Advertisement