Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fold ups?

Options
  • 06-05-2008 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

i'm thinking of getting a new bike. will be startin college next year so a fold up would be ideal for it. if i got a fold up would it perform as well as solid bikes if your going on a bit of a cycle? i would get a proper racer but i'm not into the whole shoes thing and would probably just prefer the more relaxed comfortable ride. was thinkin of a hybrid but a fold up would just be handier for college etc. can you buy any size on a fold up? thats what it looks like with the whole saddle goes up thing. thankies :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Some perform as well, some don't. They certainly can but there are compromises in the design.

You will pay a lot more for a decent folder though, they don't come cheap. Figure around twice what you could get a comparably performing non-folder for.

In terms of folders that would be comparable to a racing bike, they exist but are in the multiple-thousands before you would have something competitive with even an entry-level racer.

At the more relaxed level it is not quite as extreme but you will get a decent hybrid for around half what you would pay for a comparable folder.

What sort of budget are you looking at? What sort of distances would you be cycling, and why would a folder be useful to you (do you need to transport it on public transport, is it for security, etc.)

Advertisement