Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new house ....old problem!!!

Options
  • 06-05-2008 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

i bought a house last september. new. and since then the foul drains outside the house keep blocking. its not just my house its several houses in my row. which seem to all go into the same sewer line.

anyway aprt from raw sewerage in my back garden ..... my actual problem is that the builder does not seem to care much and is very slow to fix anything. now he has been out once and unblocked it . but i have unblocked it 4 times myself. i dont think it is something as simple as debris in the pipe i think that quite possibly the fall on the pipe is not sufficent enough and thus the pipe keeps blocking itself.......

anyway i dont seem to be able to fix it. the builder has not really tried and i am running out of patience.

What can i do next?
    the builder must be responsible for providing working sewers etc etc. so should he not be responsible for rectifying the situation if its not right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Two probabilities:
    (a) Pipe isn't right. Have a word with the drainage department in your local council.
    (b) People are putting in things that aren't suitable - some people are putting "high strength" tissue paper, meant for kitchen use, down drains. This paper doesn't break down like toilet paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i reckon the pipe is not right because it had want to be a hell of a lot of paper to hold back 8 houses of sewerage.
    What will the council do if its out the back of the house i would have thought they would only be interested in it if it was out on the street

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its a public health hazard. Potentially the council make the builder's life a misery unless he fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

cheers i will look into that. just sick of it now at this stage

Advertisement