Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burgers...

Options
  • 06-05-2008 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

After getting some good advice here on restaurants for my upcoming anniversary I need some more good advice.

But this time it's for Burgers. I've come over from Canada and I'm dying for a decent Hamburger (Not McDonalds :eek:). So far the places I've tried have been a disappointment. All they do is maybe some lettuce, Ketchup (red sauce) and mayo.

And the meat is never cooked well and not seasoned. Usually overcooked until it's tough and tastes like cardboard. I've tried the beef here and it's good so I don't understand why they destroy it when making a burger.

Looking for a great burger Canadian style!! Would settle for American style lol ;)

With great toppings...mustards, hot peppers, nice cheeses, different bacons, variety of relishes, sauteed mushrooms/onions etc. etc.

Is there a place in Co Kildare that makes such a burger?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

Hey check out this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055048888

Also there's a place on Wexford st. that's meant to be good. Can't remember the name though! Might be in that thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 kuedm

Is Wexford St in Dublin?

I'm looking more for places in Kildare. I don't get to Dublin very often.

If Newbridge, Nass, Kildare had a great burger place that would be ideal for me.

But I looked at that thread, thanks btw, and will try some of them out when I get into Dublin.

Still looking for a great Kildare burger joint.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Alas Kildare isn't known for it's cuisine. I've only ever had nice burgers in Dublin city/Ranelagh.

The people of Kildare, alas, aren't too picky with their food. I long for a time when that changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Hard to beat an American Burger from Sammy's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭hcnyla

Make one yourself. Simple solution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Amz wrote: »
    The people of Kildare, alas, aren't too picky with their food. I long for a time when that changes.

A bit of a gereralisation, no?

OP, the ultimate burger can be had at Cafe La Serre in Lyons Estate in Ardclough. Wagyu Japanese Beef cooked to your taste. Each burger is custom built for each order with whatever garnish you choose. Bring a bag of money and enjoy. :D

I have no connection to the above establishment blah, blah, blah, just a Kildare man who surprisingly is picky about his food.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

If you're ever in Dublin... Joe Burger in Rathmines is delish..
    http://www.google.ie/aclk?sa=L&ai=BRy274W4hSIiyBpamwgGS2digBpesjy2nm-aiBJ_E8q4RwLgCCAAQARgBOAFQpsql8ARg9drqg_wOyAEBgAIBqQJ7Dtwk7gi6PtkDw2GOsWTRLk_gAxA&sig=AGiWqtyTnXcQyW3grpN_P-E16-Wyww6axA&q=http://thedubliner.typepad.com/_dubliner_restaurants/2008/02/joburger.html

http://www.joesburgers.net/

Sorry don't know anywhere in Kildare really, except Friels between Barbarstown and Clane, but they're served with pepper sauce and not on buns, lovely big juicy homemade beef burgers, you'd struggle to finish one tbh..

squire1 wrote: »
    A bit of a gereralisation, no?
    Well, I've lived here all my life, it's difficult to get anything decent in the food/drink line in the county.

I live in one of the larger towns too so there's no reason for the lack of decent produce/options.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Well, I've lived here all my life, it's difficult to get anything decent in the food/drink line in the county.

Huh? Have you looked? Is there something specific that you can't source? Is it just Kildare that is so bad or are there other counties as badly stocked?

I have to say I never have had any trouble getting a decent drink :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Oh I din't know. I've never been able to get a decent Cosmo in Carbury, or a good Appletini in Athy.. :p

• Advertisement

Hi hcnyla,

I make plenty myself on our BBQ. But now and again I'd like to take the family out for one..as a treat.

Well I'll look harder myself and post if I find anything worthwhile.

There's a vendor selling hotdogs in Newbridge. Nothing special and really only ketchup/mayo/mustard to put on them...for €4...that's insane. What's worse is people pay for it.

Or maybe I was just spoiled in Canada.

Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭hcnyla

kuedm wrote: »
    Hi hcnyla,

I make plenty myself on our BBQ. But now and again I'd like to take the family out for one..as a treat.

Well I'll look harder myself and post if I find anything worthwhile.

There's a vendor selling hotdogs in Newbridge. Nothing special and really only ketchup/mayo/mustard to put on them...for €4...that's insane. What's worse is people pay for it.

Or maybe I was just spoiled in Canada.

Cheers

This is the problem for lots of things in Ireland unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Celtic67

Mucky Duck in Celbridge and Zest in Clane do great burgers IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 P.A.L.A.S

Zest isn't spectacular, however if you're after a good steak try the Stone Haven in Maynooth or the Hanged Man out by Milltown - probably two of the best steaks in the greater Kildare region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

is there anyone paranoid about eating burger these days,specially since you could catch CJD from eating beef these days,i know beef is controlled more tightly now but,places importing them in...

Fred83 wrote: »
    is there anyone paranoid about eating burger these days,specially since you could catch CJD from eating beef these days,i know beef is controlled more tightly now but,places importing them in...

Not too concerned about CJD. More concerned about Salmonella which can be found on things like bean sprouts.

I think theres been about 150 deaths worldwide from CJD. Don't know if
    that includes BSE or not.
    And besides is CJD really related to beef? I've heard the Netherlands which has no BSE has a higher rate of CJD than the UK http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/cjd.html . " and Finland, with few if any cattle, has nearly twice as much CJD " - quoted from that link.

But there's about 1000 deaths yearly (2 per day) from Salmonella.
    http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/s/salmonella_food_poisoning/deaths.htm

Who knows maybe the stress about being paranoid about things will kill a person faster than the actual things they're paranoid about...but I maybe getting a little paranoid here :D

Now back to the burgers :pac:...Tried Eddie Rockets in Dublin. Price was a little steep. The burger was good. However there was too much bun :)
    Chips had too much seasoning...needed gallons of water to get back to normal.

But the kids liked the environment and we had a good time which was most important after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

cjd itself is rare but ever since the beef scare it has been more intense mentioning in the news about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

My favourite for burgers is Eddie Rockets but unfortunately there's none in Kildare.

http://www.eddierockets.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Joe Public wrote: »
    My favourite for burgers is Eddie Rockets but unfortunately there's none in Kildare.

http://www.eddierockets.ie

Liffey valley is basically kildare :-)

Anyone remember the the old joke - what's the difference between CJD & CJH

A) you can catch CJD but you can't catch CJH

Doesn't apply now as he has passed on but he left a good one behind.

• Advertisement

gerrowadat wrote: »

Do you think we should get Liffey Valley included in the new kildare towns forum? www.kildareforum.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

gerrowadat wrote: »

nah, i think it's fairer to say that anywhere north of naas is basically dublin!

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    nah, i think it's fairer to say that anywhere north of naas is basically dublin!
    Post reported

Post reported

judging by my pathetic post count, you'll probably guess that i'm not too up on board etiquette, you probably won't be all too surprised to know that i have no idea what "post reported" means either!

someone pleasee enlighten a poor sleep-deprived student (who should probably be studying as opposed to trying to figure out the meaning of two-word posts)??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think Amz may have been tugging on one of your limbs...

BuffyBot wrote: »
    I think Amz may have been tugging on one of your limbs...

ah, i..get...jokes!

but seriously, i am none the wiser as to what post reported means, is it reporting a post to a moderator for it being offensive? (please humour me, i'm ridiculously ignorant when it comes to the boardsier side of message boards)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

The Roost (Fitzgeralds bar/lounge/restaurant) in Maynooth do fantastic burgers.
    Theres a really good mexican one, and an excellent mushroom/onion topping one as well, and you can also get different cheeses and sauces like you asked.

And yeah agree with the stonehaven post, they do great food. Make sure to ring ahead though for there.
    mmmm

Go Hungry though, the portions are big.

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    ah, i..get...jokes!

but seriously, i am none the wiser as to what post reported means, is it reporting a post to a moderator for it being offensive? (please humour me, i'm ridiculously ignorant when it comes to the boardsier side of message boards)
    I was only joking, as a proud North Kildare resident I take offence (but not that much offence) at being referred to as a Dub :)

Reported post means the post is flagged for the attention of a mod because it contains offensive/racist/off-topic/spam content.

I didn't report the post :) There's a wee icon below a user's name post count etc. that you click on to report a post.

Advertisement