Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Whats the name of this band

• 06-05-2008 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

Its pretty vague but I remember watching this video on scuzz about 3 years ago, it had a really weird time sig and a very impressive guitar solo. There was this dude with long hair and a beard shouting something like victory in a high pitched voice and the band were in an alien/fantasy landscape, the guitarist plays the solo on top of a mountain and the singer is down in a kind of pool with black liquid and there might have been lightning bolts. If it rings a bell could you give the name?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Dragonforce ?

Hard to tell with the vague description but the video sounds like their sort of style anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

no, it definitely wasn't dragonforce, they sounded quite serious. In the video there are arms of black liquid which rise out of the pool if I recall it right. The time sig was crazy, very complex and unusual and there was the customary shredding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭kieranmcg1

3 inchs of blood by any chance i know they have music videos now for their latest album but 3 years ago i dunno if they had any out before but ya might aswell check it out

sounds a little like - dimmu borgir - progenies of the great apocalypse,

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=BHbahGyRLF8

as regards the lightning bolts,long hair\beard,guitarist on mountain and alien/fantasy landscape...actually after watchin the video,i think I might be right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Hmm...I may be way out, but it wouldn't be Coheed and Cambria you're talking about?

• Advertisement

Yeah, it does sound a little like it might be - welcome home by Coheed and Cambria...that video also has long hair\a beard\lightning,black liquid and a fantasy landscape:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

There was this dude with long hair..shouting something...in a high pitched voice and the band were in an alien/fantasy landscape, the guitarist plays the solo on top of a mountain and the singer is down in a kind of pool with black liquid and there might have been lightning bolts.

the Darkness?! sounds alot like them from what i just read!

Its none of those bands :), the arms of black liquid are really black, pitch black. The singer looked evil but not in a conventional sense, he had a black beard and black hair in a ponytail and just looked evil in that menacing way. They were/are a very serious prog metal band. The song as I remember it would have to be one of the most rhythmically complex Ive ever heard. They used to rotate it in the mornings on scuzz in the summer of 2005.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Could this be it?

Biomechanical. ;)

• Advertisement

Yes, thats it, thanks Mr. Hungus, well spotted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Great band, have a few of their albums, and seen 'em live before. They supported Exodus when they played here, which I'm sorry I missed.

Haven't got their latest album though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Could this be it?

Biomechanical. ;)
    Damm you, beat me to it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

it would have to be one of the most rhythmically complex Ive ever heard.

ooo, i could point you to some stuff that makes these guys look like pop music!

ooo, i could point you to some stuff that makes these guys look like pop music!

Pray tell? New music is always welcome

Yeah, the song isn't as rhythmically complex as I remember it, though it still rocks and I like their other songs, nice mix of thrash and prog and the guitar solos are great. All I can think of is Meshuggah for mind bendingly complex rhythms, or maybe The Cardiacs for sheer randomness, Mars Volta have some cool tempos as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Great band, have a few of their albums, and seen 'em live before. They supported Exodus when they played here, which I'm sorry I missed.

They also supported Decapitated here the last time they played in the Voodoo lounge. A pic I took heh:

20747043a1358254692b307473681l.jpg
    20747043a1358254724b983233571l.jpg

Advertisement