Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arts-psychology

Options
  • 06-05-2008 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

is there any way of getting into a full time psychology course by doing psychology as part of an arts degree?or is just there for people to do as a minor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I know for English and History there are limited places at the end of first year when you can chose to do a single major, I'm pretty sure it's the same across the board in Arts but you have to qualify with your GPA for it above anyone else who applies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I did psychology as a minor in first year and I was wondering the same thing myself. Turns out that there are limited places for Arts people to carry it on. I only heard this from another student so don't take my word for it bt I think if you score exceptionally well in your exams you can apply to do it as a major.

Not totally sure though. Great subject by the way, one of the most enjoyable I did. :)
    Good luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Not anymore. They closed that loophole 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

yeah im doing Arts this year and was wondering the same.

but its not possible to major in Psychology from Arts.however you can keep it on as a minor in Stages 2 and 3 or you can continue it as electives.

Advertisement