Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HD-DVD player abilities

• 06-05-2008 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭

I'm just wondering does anyone know if it's possible to play regular DVD's or 360 games using this drive?

I'm asking because the drive in by console is knackered, and only reads discs about 10% of the time. And since it's out of warranty I'd probably end up paying a lot more than the €10 the HDDVD drive can be picked up for if I were to send it off for repair!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

if you have a premium or core edition of the xbox360 i believe you have a 3 year warranty with ms.it maybe only if your console red rings but id check it out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Assume it plays DVDs but I tried a game in it yesterday and it didn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

You can replace the drive in your console, its not the simplest though. You need to take the firmware off the first drive and put it on the new one so the DVD drive and the mobo match up.

Alternitavely you could purposely give the console the red ring of death, as previously mentioned the warranty for that is 3 years. Google it, others have done it before you!

Advertisement