Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test Friday-nct Expired

Options
  • 06-05-2008 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

Hi all-my missus has her driving test on friday. I took her car for the NCT last week but it failed on the drivers dip bulb (checked them myself,swear it blew on the way ;)). Anyway the guys at the NCt asked me to book in again to do the headlamp test as the bulb was blown.

Q.1- As her test is on friday and the NCT disc in the car's window reads expired, will this affect the driving test? eg: will they refuse to bring her out because of this?

Would sound a bit harsh to me but any thoughts or experiences

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Ginger83 wrote: »
    eg: will they refuse to bring her out because of this?
    I'm afraid so. A valid NCT disc must be displayed where required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ModeSkeletor

Yeah they won't leave the test centre, this happened to someone I know. Who's NCT was out -> ONE DAY <- . The tester told him to go home. Can she not borrow another car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Hi guys,thanks for replies.
    Her car failed on a bulb which i have replaced. I have the failure sheet which states so.
    However her test is friday and her re-booked nct is wednesday next week.

Also i could get her another car but she has only ever driven her own, not much time to get used to a new car

I think i will ring the nct crowd tomorrow and try to push her car in to prove i changed the bulb

(****, cant believe this, only got her a third licence (12mth permit) 2 weeks ago as her 2nd provisional would have been up 4 days on the day of her test.
    Its never rains then it pours huh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

once your test is booked then just arrive at the test center first thing in the morning leave it there for the day and ask them to do it if they get a chance -

or do it proper and just use MS word to edit the online receipt test date and time print it out and tell them there must be something wrong with their system look i have a reciept from the internet and they will squeeze you in. they are pretty good for taking people in for rechecks even if you arrive on an earlier day than booked. its a five min test they will have the time.
    las time i went to do this i waited outside until there was very few cars left outside - went in and the guy was reading a newspaper so guess he couldnt say he was busy.

Advertisement