Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA making me feel sick and dizzy

• 06-05-2008 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

Was playing the game today and I had to turn it off cause I felt very dizzy and sick.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Think this is called simulator sickness but I'm not too sure.

Any suggestions on how to make the game not bring on signs of dizzyness?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Motion sickness. Are you playing it in a darkened room? Try turning lights on if so. Maybe look away from the screen from time to time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I was playing Assassins Creed last week in the dark and after a good hour or two of playing i got up and went downstairs/into the light! All i could see were three big bright white rings like i was staring at three suns for an hour. Went to sleep and woke up, all was well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Don't console/game developers suggest you take fifteen minutes off after every hour of playing or something like that to avoid this kind of thing? I know plenty of people play for hours on end with no problems, maybe this game is just effecting your eyes badly or something weird like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

You should use the 20/20/20 rule.
    Which is after 20 minutes look at something 20 metres away for 20 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I blame the violence. Maybe Jack Thompson was right!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

FruitLover wrote: »
    I blame the violence. Maybe Jack Thompson was right!

Quiet you, or I'll cut you in half with a chainsaw like I did to that hooker last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Unearthly

This always happens to me in first person shooter games. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Bioshock gave me raging headaches for some reason ?I think it was cus it was so dark and i kept squinting. I did feel like a zombie after playing GTA for 8 hrs sunday.Should have been out in the sun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

thanks for all the replies, I'll try all those ideas. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Samsung

I found myself grinding my teeth when nico gets drunk in the bars.

• Advertisement
Advertisement