Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dreamweaver different links inside a photo - simple query

Options
  • 07-05-2008 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭

How do "cut" a photograph in dreamweaver so that when you click on some parts of the photograph it will link to a page.

You can highlight it with lasso tool or something???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

haven't used dreamweaver in ages but google image map and dreamweaver and i'm sure you'll get your answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭culabula88

image map - thanks couldnt remember what it was - are slices the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No, slices are in image programs. You can use photoshop to slice up one big image into lots of images (very handy for making webpage layouts I find) thus giving you lots of individual images. You can however set urls for each of these images when slicing the image up in PS and then when you "save for web" you can output the HTML and Images also. This will output many images/slices and paste them together for you in a html file.

Same result, different approach. I'd go for the imagemap though, it makes it easier to do any future changes whereas if you have sliced up an image you may need to reslice it all from PS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭culabula88

Thanks Gordon - i couldnt remember the name of it but I knew it was easy enough to do.

Any ideas on the other problems I posted in the other threads?

Advertisement