Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you would have liked to see......

• 07-05-2008 1:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

....or heard would have been in the game.

So what would you have liked to see in the game??

For me I would have liked to see a prision escape mission. I expected it seeing the trailer. But no luck.

A fight club of some kind.

Silenced weapons and stealth missions. Not just blowing the crap out of everything.

Being able to buy things online (not just ringtones)

....and things I heard would be in the game..

Airplanes
    Dogs.

...Still I give the game 10/10:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Being able to buy safe houses ! like in every other gta game :mad:
    Being able to buy a business ! major let down :mad:
    More stores to buy clothes 3 wtf
    A reasson for money apart from buying weapons ...

And why dont the cops use motor bikes and those things they use to slide along the road to burst your tires they left so much stuff out and put in some anoying crap with people calling you every 5 minets to pick them the F%#@% up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

heymcflyx wrote: »

Airplanes
    I'm pretty sure that one of the first pieces of information about the game was that there would be no flyable airplanes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

More clothes shops, more enter-able buildings, better cars (the infernus and comet are rare to the point where they hardly exist).
    I really thought the story would take me to interactions with things I watched on TV... have some missions with Ricky Gervais, Tony McTony, that sort of thing.
    Silenced weapons would have been cool as well, I liked that in San Andreas... the stealth knife kill seems to have been left out too... but pistol-whipping is in, so that's nice.
    They got so much right in SA... graphics, multiplayer and physics aside, I think SA was the better game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

More clothes shops, more enter-able buildings, better cars (the infernus and comet are rare to the point where they hardly exist).
    I really thought the story would take me to interactions with things I watched on TV... have some missions with Ricky Gervais, Tony McTony, that sort of thing.
    Silenced weapons would have been cool as well, I liked that in San Andreas... the stealth knife kill seems to have been left out too... but pistol-whipping is in, so that's nice.
    They got so much right in SA... graphics, multiplayer and physics aside, I think SA was the better game.

To be fair though missions are far far better in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Seat belts would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jiz-fiz

couple of things would be good. planes especially . mopeds were fun . more weapons and mainly the tank where has that gone ??? i mean the tank was the creme de la creme of destruction and they take it out. why????

To be fair though missions are far far better in this game.
    I didn't think the missions in GTA4 were that special really, apart from a few notable exceptions.

SA had some cool missions too though,
    parachuting down to the maddog mansion, driving a motorbike into the back of a plane during take-off, flying under the radar to make a drop, stealing the jetpack from area51, stealthily sneeking into maddogs mansion to steal his rhyme book, killing the construction worker and rolling his body into the pit with the bulldozer, then filling it in with concrete.

I found the GTA4 missions mostly a back-to-basics affair by comparison... reminded me a lot of GTA3.
    Ok Nico, we're going to do this deal, drive us here... oh no, the deal went wrong, quick, chase them... boom... mission complete... repeat x 90.
    Though the combat system in GTA4 is way better, which really livens up the otherwise humdrum missions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The missions in GTA 4 are far superior to SA. Yeah some of them might follow the "deal gone bad, chase, kill" pattern but nearly all of them have kept me interested a lot more than any mission in SA. Plus the choices you have to make throughout the game, really make you think.
    I spent about 30 minutes deciding which McReary brother I would blow away in the park. Eventually chose Francis as my victim as he was a complete dick....and a cop :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,523 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thanks for not closing that spoiler tag, DarkJager. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i would of liked to be able to buy houses/businesses etc.

push bikes.

segway - can't believe they didn't have police patrolling around on these.

internet radio stations - the ability to add them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jiz-fiz

i found a nice bowl half pipe kind of thing id like to bring the push bikes into that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

would have liked an ability to plug your ipod into your xbox and have a radio station to stream it, i know you can do this anyway but hving to turn it down everytime someone talks is annoying.

More customisation of characters, i know someone already said " go play second life" but besides that retard comment, everoyne knows people like to have their own guy. I personally would have a slickly dressed suit guy, not dogy tracksuits from the 90's.

Ability to actual expand your reputation by buying business' etc. I think the godfather nailed this point in its game, woulda been nice implementation, ability to have shop owners pay you etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭NukeD4

Ok so i havnt actually bought it yet(im waiting until after my college exams)
    but sounds like there will be some dissapointments for me,
    i love having a highly customisable character, makes the game somewhat more real and more personal, so if there is only three clothes shops, can i assume there is no tattoo parlours or barbers?
    would have assumed pushbikes were left in, always fun

still i hope it meets my expectations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

You will enjoy it regardless of there being no tattoo parlors or barbers. The suits you can buy are okay and it adds a nice dimension to having a neatly dressed psychopath running around!! :D

You won't be disapointed..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

heymcflyx wrote: »
    ....or heard would have been in the game.

So what would you have liked to see in the game??

For me I would have liked to see a prision escape mission. I expected it seeing the trailer. But no luck.

A fight club of some kind.

Silenced weapons and stealth missions. Not just blowing the crap out of everything.

Being able to buy things online (not just ringtones)

Airplanes
    Dogs.

...Still I give the game 10/10:)

some proper co-op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I was hoping to see more references back to the GTA3 Liberty City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    I was hoping to see more references back to the GTA3 Liberty City.
    It's a different stream of games. The first set (GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas) were all set in the one universe. The creators set this one and presumably the sequels in a different setting. Not sure why though. I was kind of trying to remember the people from the other games to see if they fit in, until I read the above. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

A zoo, with monkeys of course where you can cause havoK and you'll see wild animals roaming the city afterwards.

Maybe steal some drug ideas from scarface:twiy

*note: dont have gtaIV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Jiz-fiz wrote: »
    couple of things would be good. planes especially . mopeds were fun . more weapons and mainly the tank where has that gone ??? i mean the tank was the creme de la creme of destruction and they take it out. why????

Mopeds are still there... moped-jacked one last night and managed to elude the cops on it.

Then bizarrely completed a stunt jump on it. Was by far the biggest jump I've done so far.....and on a moped.....LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Totally agree with the ipod syncing to the radio. I had heard that was going to be in it initially, but unfortunately not.
    Listening to Phantom or Today fm through the stream would have been just brilliant.

I, personally, don't enjoy this as much as Gta:Sa. At the time that just seems to be such a step up to me, whereas this, while there is an improvement in certain areas, just doesn't seem to be as awe-some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

Cop bikes

Choices of the food u eat in the restaurants,

Some missons which capture the glamour of algonquin (like the mission where u have to kidnap 'the president' in SA).

Definatley silencers on at lest the pistols as already mentioned.

Madison Square Garden.

Sports as a pastime.

Cell Phone battery life and when it runs out need to either charge it or se payphones.

The biggest thing tho imho is the lack of the assets like the malibu club in VC and the Airplane graveyard in SA.

but i spose this is just a next gen GTAIII so its kinda just to prove they can do it and hopefully the next one progresses as VC and SA did.

Still a great game tho!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

jcoote wrote: »
    Cell Phone battery life and when it runs out need to either charge it or se payphones.
    No, no, no, no, no. Stuff like that should be avoided, just adds frustration without adding anything to the game. Like the gym and having to eat in SA, just got annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    No, no, no, no, no. Stuff like that should be avoided, just adds frustration without adding anything to the game. Like the gym and having to eat in SA, just got annoying.

i thought the gym and that in SA was great. I'd prefer that kinda realism in the game to the fact that ricky gervais is in GTA4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

More variety to missions would have been nice, especially in the final third of the game.

It started out great but it seemed they hit a point where they'd done everything they could think of, then every single mission thereafter involved driving to a location and killing everybody there. San Andreas had a lot more variety with things like the Jetpack, the LA riots, the military bases, fighting through burning buildings and putting out flames, stealth missions, operating everything from cranes to bulldozers to jet planes.

I guess SA needed that variety more because the standard on foot combat was nowhere near as good as it is in GTA IV, but it's still a shame not to see more of that variety.

I'm still undecided which game I prefer. I doubt I could go back and enjoy SA now after the combat mechanics and physics of IV, but there's still so much more they can do.

Roll on GTA IV: Vice City I guess :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Barbers, Tatoos, Clothes shops?
    It's not disappointing that they're not in the game.
    You're just playing the wrong game.

Buy the Sims FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

I thought SA was a jack of all trades, master of none (personally thought it was bad at everything). The asset properties would destroy the story in GTA IV because
    it would just end, Niko wants to make easy, legal money, and thus would end his life of crime
    This is the first GTA game to actually have good shooting mechanics. I have never used the lock on, and have never liked it. Now it is an option, that I can toggle from the pause menu. Also the camera change when pulling LT/L2 makes such a massive difference to its shooter credentials. Also the driving mechanics have been improved no end, along with drive by shooting.

I do not miss the asset properties, as they don't add to the game. I think they would take away from it. As for the SA gimmicks...I can do without those pointless distractions. My, how I hated the gym, the faux-rpg elements, etc. They were pointless, and a waste of time. I might have liked them a little more if CJ was a character I liked, but I thought he was a moron (like Truth said:D), and could not warm to him.

I do not miss anything in this version, as everything that is in the world belongs there. The stuff left out just doesn't fit in. This is a new GTA, not a continuation of the old formula. The story doesn't suit most of the stuff left out. Everything in the world has context, which makes this version the best satire on American life out of all the GTA games. Everything in it is relevant. Planes, jet-packs, riots, assets (how many millions are required to buy property?), even military bases...these features would destroy the illusion of the world created as they are out of context for a recreation of 2008 NYC.

Silenced pistol would have been nice tho, if only for "rat" hunting;). Stealth missions would not have worked, they never have in GTA, and require different mechanics and mountains of additional code along with a different control scheme in order for them to fun (not frustrating, like previously)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Someone mentioned mopeds a few posts back. Where the hell are they? I haven't seen a single one yet, and i've clocked up about 30 hours in the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Good manners. A simple thank you costs nothing.

Stephen wrote: »
    Someone mentioned mopeds a few posts back. Where the hell are they? I haven't seen a single one yet, and i've clocked up about 30 hours in the game!
    Hmm, not sure what the area is called, but I've seen some on the north end of the first island you start on.
    It's the good old 'Faggio'.
    Pop both the tires for added fun tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Stephen wrote: »

I came across the mopeds on one of the freeway interchanges to the east towards the airport.

The problem with vehicles is that there seems to be a lack of randomisation with them. You could play for hours and see lots of the same one or two types of vehicles. I hadn't seen the mopeds before that, and haven't seen any since, yet there were 5 or 6 in the same area when I did see one. Same with the Hummer type jeep..... none for the first 10 hours or so of play and then when one shows up every other vehicle is one....

Advertisement