Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ac/dc

• 07-05-2008 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Will AC/DC ever tour western Europe again? My father seen them in Dublin in the early 80's, would def be one of my life ambitions to see them live for myself!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

they should at some stage, last summer they had a full european tour 90% booked then pulled out at the 11th hour! (no reason given as the tour was never officially announced) they were supposed to be the ones playing slane last yeah with the stones playin outdoors rds or phoenix park.......slane became available, stones took it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭odin_ie

They are back in the studio recording at the moment, as of March I think, so once an album is realeased, you can bet that there will be a tour. And if they don't tour Europe, there is always a trip to Oz to see them.

For those about to rock, we salute you :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

These guys are all geriatrics I hope that they all have good heart conditions :D

These guys are all geriatrics I hope that they all have good heart conditions :D

slash doesnt....but he can still rawk!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

:D I hope they do tour but every year that passes when they don't is a year that they get older. Hopefully we'll get to see them before they retire.

I haven't checked but have they toured anywhere in the world in the last few years?

• Advertisement

malice_ wrote: »
    :D I hope they do tour but every year that passes when they don't is a year that they get older. Hopefully we'll get to see them before they retire.

I haven't checked but have they toured anywhere in the world in the last few years?

they did a mammoth tour aftre stiff upper lip came out, i think that was about 5 years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 chattyk

Saw them in The Point (****hole of a place) in the early 90's. They were just fantastic. Still have my Angus Young dollar bill. I think it was 91 or 93 - too old to remember.

I love a good day out in Slane - old school style like monsters of rock used to be. One day, 5 bands with equal billing and play time.

1. AC/DC
    2. Iron Maiden
    3. Metallica
    4. Motorhead
    5. Maybe a young band like Trivium to bring in the kids as well.

2-hour sets each would make for a damn good day out. start around Noon and finish up around 11pm. Might start petitioning Lord Henry Mountcharles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

chattyk wrote: »
    Saw them in The Point (****hole of a place) in the early 90's. They were just fantastic. Still have my Angus Young dollar bill. I think it was 91 or 93 - too old to remember.

I love a good day out in Slane - old school style like monsters of rock used to be. One day, 5 bands with equal billing and play time.

1. AC/DC
    2. Iron Maiden
    3. Metallica
    4. Motorhead
    5. Maybe a young band like Trivium to bring in the kids as well.

2-hour sets each would make for a damn good day out. start around Noon and finish up around 11pm. Might start petitioning Lord Henry Mountcharles.

can you imagine the squabbles between them bands as to who goes on last:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

lord lucan wrote: »
    can you imagine the squabbles between them bands as to who goes on last:D
    They are already in the reverse order as to how they go on. First Trivium, then Motorhead, Metallica, Iron Maiden before the big guns round off the night.

I would definitely be queueing up for tickets for that event if it ever happened!

malice_ wrote: »
    They are already in the reverse order as to how they go on. First Trivium, then Motorhead, Metallica, Iron Maiden before the big guns round off the night.

I would definitely be queueing up for tickets for that event if it ever happened!

so would i! but maiden would never accept going second fiddle on the bill, and i dont think 'tallica would be too happy goin third either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

wouldn't imagine metallica having any problem with ac/dc going on last as they're big fans of theirs,not sure about maiden. maiden and metallica would have a right old rumble over who went on before ac/dc though. i'm picturing a celebrity deathmatch between maiden and metallica,last band standing plays!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Man would i love it if they eventually do tour again. I remember for like the last 3 years or something radio stations like 2fm & today fm have announced that AC/DC are 99% certain to be playing Slane, and then that falls through... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Yeah I remember hearing the AC/DC Slane rumors last year too and getting excited by them but it turned out not to come true, would have been cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭User Named

That line up is similar to Donnington in 1991, Iron madien and Metallica were all there and ACDC headlined.

Yeah I remember hearing the AC/DC Slane rumors last year too and getting excited by them but it turned out not to come true, would have been cool though.

like i said before last year was more than a rumour, they were booked to play slane and everything and it fell thru at teh last minute! :mad: i rele want them to come back tho! they are hte only must see band i have left on my list i think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 chattyk

The bands weren't listed in any particular order just 5 bands I really like. As for squabbles and rows - I think all these guys are old and wiser (like me!!) and it could be sorted out. The biggest problem would be agreeing a date. Anyway this was just "Imagine if". How cool would it be?

Advertisement