Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This may seem like a stupid question.

Options
  • 07-05-2008 3:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

Just a quick question. I know it may seem stupid but...

Is Ballyfermot on the Southside or the Northside?
    Like where exactly is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ballyfermot is Southside. It's bordered to the north by Chapelizod, to the south by Walkinstown, to the east by Inchicore, and to the west by Palmerstown and Clondalkin.

Wikipedia is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Westside! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just a quick question. I know it may seem stupid but...

Southside.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Anywhere other side of the Liffey is Southside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Westside! ;)

its westside for sure the wild wild west

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am also of the opinion that Dublin is better described as Northside,Southside & Westside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

It's not *actually* on the Southside. The maps were just drawn such that it is shown to be to try and make the Northside and Southside seem "balanced".

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Ballyfermot ===> Dublin 10.

All even numbers e.g Dub 2,4,6 are southside
    All odd no's are northside...D5,D7,D13

Dunno wat that supposed to say about us northsiders :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

rb_ie wrote: »
    It's not *actually* on the Southside. The maps were just drawn such that it is shown to be to try and make the Northside and Southside seem "balanced".
    Banned.

jimmay wrote: »

Not 100% true....

Áras an Uachtaráin,
    Phoenix Park,
    Dublin 8

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    Banned.
    No no, you're banned.

huh well I never! Thanks for pointin that out if thats true...yes I suppose the President couldn't be odd could they!?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

seamus wrote: »
    Banned.

Why??

huh well I never! Thanks for pointin that out if thats true...yes I suppose the President couldn't be odd could they!?

It is true....see Here

BJC wrote: »
    Why??
    Manopause.

Dub13 wrote: »
    It is true....see Here

You were right I was wrong lol haha that is strange, I never knew that...I wonder why that is...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Ballyfermot ===> Dublin 10.

what about dublin 8
    and the president gaff?

edit: should have read the rest of the thread someone already pointed out this :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You were right I was wrong lol haha that is strange, I never knew that...I wonder why that is...:confused:
    The nearest Postal Sorting Office to the Vice Regal lodge was James' St (rather than Phibsborough) so the park and the lodge within it became part of Dublin 8.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

And all of chapelizod is dublin 10 when most of it is north of liffey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

humberklog wrote: »
    And all of chapelizod is dublin 10 when most of it is north of liffey.

Excuse me, it's Dublin 20!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Thanks guys
    My friend was telling me it was on the Northside and I was trying to tell him that it defo wasn't and the only way of solving it was asking you guys.

Plus I assumed in the first place that it was south because of it being Dublin 10 and that whole even numbers in the south and odd numbers in the north thing! Weird about the presidents gaff though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Chapelizod being in Dublin 20 is probably a knock-on from the park being Dublin 8. It would have been silly to have Phibsborough serving a narrow strip that you had to drive through an area served by another office to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Southside except when something bad happens there and is being reported by RTE and all of a sudden it becomes 'Ballyfermot in Dublin's Northside'.
    Seriously, they reported this when the french tourist was killed in a hit and run on the kylemore rd a couple of years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Thanks guys
    My friend was telling me it was on the Northside and I was trying to tell him that it defo wasn't and the only way of solving it was asking you guys.

Would it not just have been easier to look at a map and see which side of the Liffey it was on ?
    Tut, kids these days, they expect everything done for them or don't know how to do things for themselves anymore, back in my day.......

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

BendiBus wrote: »
    Excuse me, it's Dublin 20!
    It is indeed. It was a typ-o. Excuse me(ahem). I do me shopping there and have a ham and cheese toastie in the villager.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I live there and technically it is southside but more and more it's become known as west Dublin as has blanch, tallagh, clondalkin etc. I've no doubt as it grows bigger the government will create a new voting district, west Dublin, as opposed to nw and sw Dublin to facilitate a few more cushy jobs for councillors and td's. Or have they done that already?

Advertisement