Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Hammer @ PCG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

been looking to go to some events over the boarder/water just have to sort out the renting of aegs when i you get there due to the law but don't see it as a problem, but for me it all comes down to work and the other half :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Puding wrote: »
    been looking to go to some events over the boarder/water just have to sort out the renting of aegs when i you get there due to the law but don't see it as a problem, but for me it all comes down to work and the other half :(

If you mean the VCRA, you can still bring your own gear - you just might need to organise it in advance. The VCRA doesn't require you to be a member of any site or organisation in the UK or NI to avail of the airsoft defence, just that you need to be able to prove that you can avail of it - i.e. that you are actually an airsofter. A headed letter from the IAA if you're a member, and perhaps a note from the skirmish site saying you're booked in for a skirmish should be all you need. Obviously, crossing the pond will require talking to airlines regarding transporting airsoft devices, but going up North is just a matter of throwing your gear into the boot of your car.

You're on your own when it comes to persuading the other half though - I haven't figured out that particular problem yet myself :o
    Predator is an amazing site though - well worth a couple of nights on the couch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

1st - 3rd August.

I'm up for this - although I'm a "maybe" since I just need to figure out what's going on. It's a busy summer for me (for once in my life ... )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

feck il be in crete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Definitely gonna look into this.

Fiach and co, this is perfect for you spetnaz boys:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭A.T.F

Looks good A.T.F would be interested in going :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

This is quite interesting.

I couldn't see a date though, when is it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Pred_Bull

1st - 3rd of August motosam! Hope to see you lads there in force.

Pred_Bull wrote: »
    1st - 3rd of August motosam! Hope to see you lads there in force.

Cool.

If there is a group going up from Dublin I'd be interested in going, I'd be able to confirm for definite if I'd be going too, if there are a few going count me in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Gatling wrote: »
    feck il be in crete

Hmmm....Warm & sunny Crete, or a damp cold field in N Ireland.

Hard choice....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Shiva wrote: »
    If you mean the VCRA, you can still bring your own gear - you just might need to organise it in advance.

Obviously, crossing the pond will require talking to airlines regarding transporting airsoft devices,
    Off-topic, but yeah, I always wondered about that bit, as bag of guns + plane = fun, no doubt.

just that you need to be able to prove that you can avail of it - i.e. that you are actually an airsofter.

Yes i know you need to qualify for the specific defense that your an airsoft the governments description of this is something like 3 skirmishes every 2 months at a site in the uk ( could be wrong ) if your going over for a one of event you do not come under this and there is some argument as to weather a letter will cover it if anything was to happen, never come across and 100% answer for that.

Yes i know you need to qualify for the specific defense that your an airsoft the governments description of this is something like 3 skirmishes every 2 months at a site in the uk ( could be wrong ) if your going over for a one of event you do not come under this and there is some argument as to weather a letter will cover it if anything was to happen, never come across and 100% answer for that.

That is not a government mandate. It's a recommendation and is only for the sole purpose of getting onto the UKARA database. In short, they themselves have no clue as to how to recognise someone as a legitimate skirmisher.

the 3 skirmish is not something just made up its used because it was an example the government gave as constituting a skirmisher

Perhaps if they try to confiscate your aeg, if you hand it over you are not a skirmisher, if you shoot them you are and you can keep it, but they do you for assaulting an officer.

Or their legislation could be crude and shortsighted but that could never happen, could it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Get as many people as you can up :P

It will be awesome :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

If there is indeed a way to go up with my own gear I will go to this. I missed the last Pred trip and I'm due holidays I have to take before the end of August so it should all work rather well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Myself and my brother are signed up for the UN team. Hopefully see some of you lads there... possibly down a scope. :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Ill defo be interested in this.

Might be an idea to sort a minibus/car pool up on the Friday Evening/Early Saturday Morning if theres big enough numbers?

Starting to sound good this.

I'll be signing up as russian naturally :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Ill be signing up with the UN coalition

Blue Berets FTW!

Who wants a loan of a real UN issue cap?

Its bright blue so you are easy to shoot :D

the 3 skirmish is not something just made up its used because it was an example the government gave as constituting a skirmisher

Actually no, it was made up as a suggestion by the UKARA. The government did not suggest it and indeed had no clue about how to define a skirmisher and just indulged in a case of "what they said -> "

sorry my bad wording, as with all the new uk law its all up in the air and all what if as its never been put into practices as you said the 3 skirmish was never official just a given example that was agreed by all party as a way of identify skirmishers

Motosam wrote: »
    Starting to sound good this.

I'll be signing up as russian naturally :)

Good ;)

Russians will obviously win....

Beast ASI wrote: »
    Russians will obviously win....

Thems Fighting Words:D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

Hrmmm UN Side and surrounded by M4's... nah, not likely... Soviets all the way! Will they overlook the fact that a type 56 is really chinese... :)

Beast ASI wrote: »
    Good ;)

Russians will obviously win by cheating....

FIXED.

Actually, if can you legally use UN Uniforms aka Berets? That hould look sweet to have a whole bunch wearing them.

BTW, is there an age limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭biboyTDK

Team Dark Knights ( T.D.K. ) Count Us In!!!;)

• Advertisement

BTW, is there an age limit?

Min age of 12.

padmundo wrote: »
    Hrmmm UN Side and surrounded by M4's... nah, not likely... Soviets all the way! Will they overlook the fact that a type 56 is really chinese... :)

Take off the bayonet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I'm definately interested in this, would a letter from Predator and my IAA number be sufficient if I did get stopped crossing the border with my AEGs you reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭I.A.S. Ltd.

Would being a retailer (ie. registered limited company) be sufficient to transport AEG's over the border?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

Would being a retailer (ie. registered limited company) be sufficient to transport AEG's over the border?

you need a import letter from the uk and an export letter from ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

if any one is going and wants to bring there own aeg come see me at hrta and i can give you a contact in the PSNI.

• Advertisement

nonex wrote: »
    if any one is going and wants to bring there own aeg come see me at hrta and i can give you a contact in the PSNI.

Might have to take you up on that paul;)

I'm going to confirm myself as a definate for this.

Anybody want to add their name to the roster?

Robster The Lobster(UN)

Provisionally, yeah, I'm in. It doesn't look like I'll have a problem getting that time off so far. I'm in based on that and whether I'll have money left to do so after the next project.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Would love to go but i'm strapped for cash right now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Might have to take you up on that paul;)

I'm going to confirm myself as a definate for this.

Anybody want to add their name to the roster?

Robster The Lobster(UN)
    Hell yeah. Count me in.

Tommyboy71 (UN)

Sorry about the dual threads, Mods please delete the other one.

Ok, PROVISIONAL LIST, when booking opens we can make a confirmed list, also, if youre on a team please add that too so we can see what groups will be there (Squad based :D)

Robster The Lobster (UN)
    Tommyboy71 (UN)
    Lethal_Bullet [PTP](Whatever suits pred)
    Shankuss [PTP](Whatever suits pred)
    ->Lethal_Bullet's Friend [PTP](Whatever suits pred)

Lethal

• Advertisement

Whatever suits pred

You have to declare over on the ASI forums that you're defo going and what side you intend being on so they can keep the numbers even.

NakedDex wrote: »
    Provisionally, yeah, I'm in.

Does that not count as a declaration of intent??? Fair enough, I have caveats to my participation but no more than anyone else does so don't use it as a reason to drop me from the list of entrants.

Robster The Lobster (UN)
    Tommyboy71 (UN)
    NakedDex (???)

Srry dex, missed you somehow.

Robster: I'll check out the details know and we'll pick a side, thanks.

Update: Bull from Predator is working on the lagalities for us. Gonna confirm that we can bring kit asap. Also suggests we check with the PSNI. IAA, would you kindly if you're not too busy?

Thanks
    Lethal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

may be away for this, if I'm in the country though i'm definately going, I'll let yuz know for sure when I find out abouy my holidays and get some confirmation about the legal issues RE: AEGs and the border

Provisionally yes.

Robster The Lobster (UN)
    Tommyboy71 (UN)
    NakedDex (???)
    Motosam

Lads, you can add yourselves, I presume you all know where to find cntrl+c.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Robster The Lobster (UN)
    Tommyboy71 (UN)
    NakedDex (???)
    Motosam
    horgan_p - assuming i can legally travel with my gear. (UN)

if youre adding yourself please add your team preference too
    UN or
    RUSSIAN

Provisionally, count me in as UN, this is dependant on a number of factors, but this would be the choice I'd prefer to make.

• Advertisement
Advertisement